Pet Questions?

• 201 replies
Re: Pet Questions?
« Reply #195 on: August 28, 2013, 11:09:13 PM »
which vaccinations?  she had everything needed in the UK for her passport and travel docs

thanks
Dr. Rob Burton

« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2013, 04:09:40 AM »
Well, in order to get the certificate, she has to have had all the right shots, which I conclude she has had. My dog had to have her shots here.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2014, 11:59:09 AM »
It is a shame that you don't have a branch in Dalian. Dalian is a great city, but the English speaking vet market is highly limited here! I literally just bought a dog from the pet market in Zhongshan Park. I am guessing that he is a labradoodle. Yesterday I realized that he has roundworm and so I scrambled around online to find an animal hospital. Majority of listings here are in Chinese and even the ones that are in English only half of the time give a pinpoint location, the others just give you a street name and the district (highly annoying because then you have to hunt for it). Hopefully this hospital that I am going to go to today (no clue what its hours are...not one of them list their hours here) will be able to understand what I need for the deworming. I didn't even know about this "red book" requirement. I am going to try and see if I can get them to get all of the vaccines and give me a red book. I don't know my puppies exact age, but if I had to guess, I would say 8-10 weeks old.

DoctorsBecknStone

• Dr. Tony Beck
    • Doctors Beck & Stone Pet Health Care Center
« Reply #198 on: February 14, 2014, 10:27:18 PM »
It is a shame that you don't have a branch in Dalian. Dalian is a great city, but the English speaking vet market is highly limited here! I literally just bought a dog from the pet market in Zhongshan Park. I am guessing that he is a labradoodle. Yesterday I realized that he has roundworm and so I scrambled around online to find an animal hospital. Majority of listings here are in Chinese and even the ones that are in English only half of the time give a pinpoint location, the others just give you a street name and the district (highly annoying because then you have to hunt for it). Hopefully this hospital that I am going to go to today (no clue what its hours are...not one of them list their hours here) will be able to understand what I need for the deworming. I didn't even know about this "red book" requirement. I am going to try and see if I can get them to get all of the vaccines and give me a red book. I don't know my puppies exact age, but if I had to guess, I would say 8-10 weeks old.

Drontal Plus is effective against roundworm - roundworms are a whole group of intestinal parasites (ascarids), and yes they, along with tapeworm (cestodes) and others are a common problem in China and elsewhere. A dose of drontal plus (one tablet per 10kg) every 3 months in adult dogs (monthly up to 6 months of age), along with annual faecal screening would be my recommendation to keep them at bay.
Warm regards

Tony

Dr. Anthony David Beck, BVetMed, MRCVS
Doctors Beck & Stone
www.doctorsbeckandstone.com

babala

« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »
Is there a service here for transporting pets from one province to another? I know you can't take them on the train. I have heard before of people using some kind of special service. Do you know of how one goes about doing this?
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

DoctorsBecknStone

• Dr. Tony Beck
    • Doctors Beck & Stone Pet Health Care Center
« Reply #200 on: April 03, 2014, 12:17:41 AM »
Now I have Snook Doggy Dog (Small Jack Russell bitch) here with me can I ask a couple of questions please.

1. Is there anything I should be aware of re my dogs health here in China (Nanjing) I am aware of the heat and she does need to acclimatise to that (she loves running after her ball), so thank goodness for the air con in my apartment. I've found food in Sugou etc but is there anything else I should be aware of?

2. Just in case do you have an address/contact details of Vets in the Nanjing area?

Thank you

Rob

Dear Dr Rob,

Nanjing is in our plans for new pet hospital openings in the not to distant future. We will contact you at that time. Meanwhile please feel free to contact us via email if you have any pet health concerns or if you notice any symptoms.

Info@drbms.com

Or visit our web site www.doctorsbeckandsone.com
Warm regards

Tony

Dr. Anthony David Beck, BVetMed, MRCVS
Doctors Beck & Stone
www.doctorsbeckandstone.com

« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2014, 01:55:48 AM »
Is there a service here for transporting pets from one province to another? I know you can't take them on the train. I have heard before of people using some kind of special service. Do you know of how one goes about doing this?

a lot of pet transportation services. like hangtan.cn