Outstanding English T-shirt statements in China

• 586 replies
Re: Outstanding English T-shirt statements in China
« Reply #495 on: November 21, 2012, 11:51:38 AM »
Thanks Maifeilan! I love seeing photos, especially ones about these T-shirts or tops. I don't know how to use a modern camera let alone how to post a photo here. I also don't use a mobile phone. :wtf:

« Reply #496 on: November 21, 2012, 09:55:19 PM »
Thank YOU, Granny Mae. I'm glad you enjoyed them! :)

... I've got quite literally thousands of pictures of China in my digital giggle box and some hundreds of them are even what I'd call good ... One of these days I may yet get around to posting some here at the Saloon. I think I find the criteria for this particular thread makes it a snap to gather up a few that suit and plug them in (and the picture doesn't have to be great as long as the t-shirt is ;))- otherwise - I'd hardly know where to begin. o_O ...

I was the last person I knew to break down and get a mobile phone.  I still have an old twin lens reflex camera from my art college days ... I loved making black and white pictures and really having to think about every shot because every shot cost money - something I had precious little of.  Photography has impacted human society so deeply and profoundly since Kodak came along, and I think we are largely unconscious of that. 

Well, there's that ... AND ... it's just fun looking at pictures which has a lot to do with why we can't stop taking them... 
"At times, the novice found pre-Deluge English more perplexing than either Intermediate Angelology or Saint Leslie's theological calclulus." - A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walter M. Miller, Jr,.

« Reply #497 on: February 11, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »
... I'll be linking back to this from the thread dedicated to his eminence the mighty Raoul, if for no other reason than he was on my mind when I was on the t-shirt hunt ...

... the mister and I flew to Hainan when school let out and spent two glorious weeks lounging around on the sand  agagagagag and walking around town looking for good spots to sit and ... you guessed it -  :alcoholic:.

The t-shirt hunt is always on when we san bu, and I don't need to tell any of you who share this obsession how utterly heart shattering are the ones that get away. CQ being swathed in its winter garb, the hunt at home is on hiatus, but oh sunny Sanya - you are awash in chinglish t-shirt glories.

... so there we were tooling around the Nanshan Buddhist Cultural Tourism (get yer 'Buddhist supplies' here... and here... AND here... and over there...) ZONE ... and lo' - a pointed reminder to god head that evisu is in trouble appeared - as though on cue.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - fashion.

Good question.

I guess this one isn't funny exactly, but it plucked at the old heart strings a little as it isn't often one sees words like 'maple leaf' and 'Toronto' emblazoned in Chinglish style on the t-shirted back of a wee tot in China.  Oh. And I LOVE Red Riven Cereal.   akakakakak

This one blew my tiny mind, I don't mind tellin' ye ...

How true it be, how true indeed. NOTHING will stop her.

... arguably this does not meet the criteria, as I think it may in fact be a bona fide article of marketing from The House of Klein - but - perhaps you will agree that something about the juxtapositions makes it a must see ... the sheer riot of life going on around her and her supremely 'life is elsewhere' expression... 

"At times, the novice found pre-Deluge English more perplexing than either Intermediate Angelology or Saint Leslie's theological calclulus." - A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walter M. Miller, Jr,.

« Reply #498 on: February 11, 2013, 06:17:07 PM »
The best of the lot for last:

ababababab

George

• My view of China
« Reply #499 on: February 11, 2013, 07:02:57 PM »
Excellente!! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

xwarrior

« Reply #500 on: February 11, 2013, 09:28:07 PM »
... great to know a kindred spirit is walking the streets. Great shots!

agagagagag
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #501 on: February 11, 2013, 11:02:50 PM »
Thanks fellas! I do feel so at home in this thread  bfbfbfbfbf 
agagagagag

... having completed 'the cull' (my only new year's resolution being to cull the frequent additions to my digital snapshot herd in a timely fashion - compassion for my hard drive and all that ... o_O) ...

"pleaseto en joy few more":

China: reverse engineering worn out cliches, one shirt at a time ...

... here we have a bit of context driven irony. We were (the only laowai to be seen) sharing in the national passion for rocks - and LOTS of 'em.  "End of the Earth park, Sanya ... FEEL ROCK. REALLY SPECIAL..."

... I'm just slipping this in, because ... well.  He's wearing it LIKE A BOSS.

Also not Chinglish strictly speaking, bu-uuut... rarely is it that I get the feeling the wearer knows exactly what they're rocking - as in this case.   

Amen.

« Reply #502 on: February 12, 2013, 12:03:47 AM »

... maybe not mine, maybe not yours, but it's HERS, and she's rocking it with un-curbed enthusiasm bfbfbfbfbf!

To wind up this wild t-shirt collection is a very short photo essay of Chinglish I would like to experience in t-shirt format, by which I mean - when the world runs out of Chinglish t-shirts, I will launch my own Chinglish t-shirt emporium called "Kongfoozush Tea Zirts" and these will be top sellers:

AMonk

« Reply #503 on: February 12, 2013, 12:14:54 AM »
 agagagagag Looking good bfbfbfbfbf
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #504 on: February 12, 2013, 12:33:07 AM »

A little birdy (Yahoo) told me, this is not Chinglish.

It appears to be conscious designer Jinglish.

The Chinese knockoff thereof.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #505 on: February 12, 2013, 01:08:35 AM »

A little birdy (Yahoo) told me, this is not Chinglish.

It appears to be conscious designer Jinglish.

The Chinese knockoff thereof.

alalalalal ...dang. 

« Reply #506 on: February 12, 2013, 11:09:55 AM »
Thanks Maifeilan, I have really been missing these photos of the T-shirts. I really smile when I see Chinese folk wearing them in Brisbane, Australia. bfbfbfbfbf

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #507 on: February 13, 2013, 08:23:31 PM »
Thanks guys LOVE the "I am awesome" which reminds me of the "Awesome Wang" character in the movie "shanghai calling" and
would love the "yes dear" t for Mr Piglet   akakakakak
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

A-Train

« Reply #508 on: February 19, 2013, 07:25:59 PM »

"Wild At Heart and Weird on Top"

I'm guessing "On the bottom, also".
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

George

• My view of China
« Reply #509 on: February 20, 2013, 07:30:20 AM »
 agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/