Outstanding English T-shirt statements in China

• 586 replies
Re: Outstanding English T-shirt statements in China
« Reply #375 on: August 03, 2011, 05:05:54 PM »
yes, they'll quite happily wear slogans here that people back in our countries wouldn't. At least with regard to English double entendres, they're refreshingly innocent. About other things maybe less so, but that's another basket of fish. 
Or maybe not. Maybe that's part of why English is so cool to them. It doesn't yet contain the baggage of second meaning, so they can express themselves in innocence and honesty. Freedom from cynicism?

fox

« Reply #376 on: August 03, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »
yes, they'll quite happily wear slogans here that people back in our countries wouldn't. At least with regard to English double entendres, they're refreshingly innocent. About other things maybe less so, but that's another basket of fish. 
Or maybe not. Maybe that's part of why English is so cool to them. It doesn't yet contain the baggage of second meaning, so they can express themselves in innocence and honesty. Freedom from cynicism?

yes i totally agree, and the fact that they're holding hands in a girly (non lesby) way shows the innocence. I think western sophistication has perverted natural behaviour.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #377 on: August 04, 2011, 07:30:02 PM »
Would it be perverted of me to ask her if she'd mind if I watched her act of self-love? afafafafaf
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

xwarrior

« Reply #378 on: August 05, 2011, 12:32:19 AM »

I think western sophistication has perverted natural behaviour.

I agree with you fox. I also tend to think that a Chinese girl who is fully aware of all the implications of the 'I love myself' statement will still wear the Tshirt - with pride.

To me the greatest difference between a Chinese girl and a Western girl is concept of self. A Chinese girl has a very clear picture of herself - her strengths and abilities - from an early age. That is why she can be assertive and hold her ground in any situation.
At the same time her Western counterpart is more than likely burying herself in courses and books aimed at subjects such as ' Building Positive & Empowering Strength for Women.'
They are searching for something a Chinese girl has developed before the age of 5.

My former girlfriend is not beautiful. Every night she sits in front of a mirror and rubs cream into her face. When she has finished she kisses her image in the mirror and smiles. It is not vanity that compels her to do that - she just happens to like the person that she is. So do I.
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

xwarrior

« Reply #379 on: August 23, 2011, 10:46:04 PM »
After a month of R&R in the Land of Beer and Rugby your correspondent has returned to the battle zone.
All seems to be quiet on the Eastern Front - it is so hot in the streets that I have yet to see a mad Englishman or a dog.

This girl turned her back on me so I took her photo. Seems to sum up the usual gender confusion in China.

I apologise for not taking a frontal view but I can assure you that, as is often the case here, it was not very different to the rear view.

- Bette Midler

« Reply #380 on: August 24, 2011, 11:36:24 AM »
Thanks xwarrior, I've missed your photos. bfbfbfbfbf  What a heck of a shock for you coming back to the heat after the icy blast in New Zealand! aoaoaoaoao Is she wearing her shirt back to front, or am I mistaken in thinking there are pockets there?

fox

« Reply #381 on: August 24, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »
not on a t-shirt but its still an article of clothing - just!
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #382 on: August 24, 2011, 07:21:13 PM »
not on a t-shirt but its still an article of clothing - just!

Her wish is my command. afafafafaf
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »
What an interesting way to get a male's attention! ahahahahah I don't think I could sit around like that though with my hip replacement and with the other hip needing replacement. ahahahahah ahahahahah Oh wait! I keep forgetting I'm bgbgbgbgbg when I joke with you guys. bfbfbfbfbf

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »
But you're young at heart and we all love you! akakakakak (and think very naughty thoughts about you afafafafaf)
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2011, 07:30:27 PM »
Don't you just hate it though when the knickers get caught in your false teeth just as you were getting her warmed up, and you have to stop to get them out and start over?

AMonk

« Reply #386 on: August 25, 2011, 11:08:02 PM »
 bkbkbkbkbk
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #387 on: August 26, 2011, 11:26:59 AM »
Don't you just hate it though when the knickers get caught in your false teeth just as you were getting her warmed up, and you have to stop to get them out and start over?

I'd make you take your teeth out first. It would be much more ummmm... interesting. uuuuuuuuuu afafafafaf aoaoaoaoao agagagagag  By the way EL, thanks for the naughty thoughts. bfbfbfbfbf They all help! ahahahahah

xwarrior

« Reply #388 on: August 30, 2011, 04:48:58 AM »

- Bette Midler

xwarrior

« Reply #389 on: September 02, 2011, 05:10:48 AM »

- Bette Midler