Por que?
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
Re: What's up with this?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 06:08:59 AM »
Crippler  has been with us since day 1. nuf said!
 bjbjbjbjbj bjbjbjbjbj bjbjbjbjbj

alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 12:40:44 PM »
This is like only the third variation of the saloon that I've been on in the last four years.  Crippler has been here since before my time.  Besides, face-to-face knowledge trumps online knowledge.  There is an element of trust that otherwise takes time to build.  I hope this helps. 

For example, my missus rarely posts but is known to Raoul and Con and a few others here on a face-to-face basis.  So, she was automatically considered as a barfly as she had earned trust the honest way.

That said, Raoul, Nolefan and Con don't need to explain why and why not as they are the admin here.  Trust that they do what they do for the benefit of the saloon and its members.  Believe me, there is no hidden agenda or malicious intent - just good people doing good things.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

DWA

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 04:24:30 PM »
On behalf of our GREAT and SUPER Administrators.... agagagagag !!! SUPERB JOB GUYS!!! 

For the originator of this post, IMO, there is an old adage which goes: "If you don't  have something good to say about someone, don't say anything" !  Using that as a guide, there are lots of things to say, but what's the worth when it gets said and lots of folks are not only pissed off, but friendships are lost/broken, and it gets our hackels up....sometimes way up....and gets many folks upset and asking many questions?  This is not the way to greet people or make friends !!!!  Does not matter.  Sometimes, when stuff happens, we simply have to tighten our belt, bite our lip, or wipe our nose really hard, and just say NOTHING !......and go on our way, minding our own business and let chips fall where they may.

Being here in a strange land with an even stranger language ought give us all enough to not only do, but think about.....instead of inciting further bickering and infighting among ourselves.  We are not the enemy here, but some folks seem to keep shooting our own.....not a real good policy.

So much for hearing from this country !

Crippler

• Dangerous place to post
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 05:17:58 PM »
Thanks DWA and Noles....  (I think)
Don't talk much! Would not want to be considered a troll!   aoaoaoaoao

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 05:29:11 PM »
Crippler, you aren't a troll, just look like one  ahahahahah ahahahahah  However, I do miss you on here.  agagagagag agagagagag

Actually, my kids think I look like a troll and buy me troll figurines for my collections.  agagagagag agagagagag
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Schnerby

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 07:49:35 PM »
I have troll hair in the morning. Does that count?  aoaoaoaoao

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 10:02:22 PM »
I thought Crippler was the Saloon enforcer...you know,the one who keeps all the sane, well-adjusted party poopers out...in which case, it is good to be a troll. I personally like trolls, my country is rumoured to be full of them. So Crippler can have drinks on me and then please do something about the chap lurking outside...it's one of those annoying chappies with a life goal, a career plan and such...please do something trollesque to him agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

AMonk

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 02:47:12 AM »
The Saloon is the the kind of place where judgements of one's character and sight-unseen friends get made.  Sufficient trust can be built up that several (many) have opened their hearts, homes and (on occasion) even wallets to other Members whom they have never met "in the flesh".  That level of trust does not happen overnight, nor does it occur in an arbitrarily designated number of Postings.  It takes time to build.  And Crippler has earned his stripes.

I am honoured - and humbled - to relate that it (the opening of hearts) happened to me and my Hubby, last December, when we came over to visit PRC.  My own family could not have been more welcoming and supportive.  Thanks, Everyone akakakakak

Three cheers for The SaLoonies agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:21:26 AM by AMonk »
Moderation....in most things...

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 12:41:40 AM »
it's kind of the opposite of me who has been here a couple of months and just says anything  ahahahahah

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 11:54:29 AM »
I can only reinforce...Crippler is a legacy from the first incarnation of the Saloon (pretty much the first days, in fact). He's actually posted a lot...it just hasn't been on this version of the forum. The title Barfly, once bestowed, is generally considered permanent. bjbjbjbjbj
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 01:38:42 PM »
Crippler belongs to Ruth. She doesn't let him out of his cage much. 10 posts in 6 years is actually more than I would expect. She must be going soft.

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 02:26:17 PM »
Crippler says it all in the house so that Ruth doesn't have to play the "you don't communicate" tune.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

Ruth

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 04:57:40 PM »
I keep him busy  bhbhbhbhbh afafafafaf
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 01:52:53 AM »
OK thanks for clearing that up.

on an unrelated note. I'm sitting next to Con and he's completely not drunk enough for his birthday...I'm gonna be a bad influence.
diagonally parked in a parallel universe