Guangzhou school wants me to mail my original diplomas?

• 21 replies
Re: Guangzhou school wants me to mail my original diplomas?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 04:00:50 AM »
Seriously though, offer to send it to SAFEA. There is like a 1/100 chance that this is something which needs to happen and by making that offer you get to seem all reasonable and proactive.

Will do, that will cover all the bases. I love sports metaphors.
Thanks Bob. Mr. Rage. errrr
 ababababab

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 09:33:33 AM »
Certified copies

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »
I scanned my originals and sent them the scanned document.  Fortunately that was all I was required to do. My university accepted the documents. 
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 03:31:57 PM »
One of my diplomas was awol when I first came to China.  I contacted my university and paid for a replacement - the one that arrived was incorrect, so I had to send it back for a reprint.  Due to the tight time frame, I did get a letter from the registrar's office confirming my degrees.

All that and no one wanted to look at the diplomas when I arrived. bibibibibi
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 11:59:20 PM »
After all that I'm shifting gears again. Another school called today and said they want me pending a background check. It's the job I wanted so I am waiting on the new school.
Heck I signed and faxed a contract to the previous school two days ago. I hope this does not become too complicated.

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 01:59:16 AM »
If you really don't want the first one.. the time to tell them is NOW... before they start paying money to process all the paperwork... Once they do things like your letter of invitation it really does get complicated... and more complicated to reverse... once they start getting official paperwork issued.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 09:49:51 AM »
I don't want the first one if I can have the second one. I can't imagine the first started the process as they're waiting for a criminal record doc and other things.
I sent them a nice "sorry ..." email. No response.