What's in the News

• 2873 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: What's in the News
« Reply #2625 on: June 13, 2016, 05:08:26 PM »
These guys are like The Onion, only with local flavor.  I recognize 2 earlier stories my lovely wife told be about as "factual". bibibibibi

Love the one about odd/even numbered breathing days. bjbjbjbjbj

There's also one claiming that Strip Mahjong was invented in Dongguan.  Oh wait, that one might be real. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #2627 on: June 19, 2016, 09:17:00 AM »
 aoaoaoaoao ananananan

Hope all the Saloonies on the region(s) are safe :wtf:
Moderation....in most things...

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2628 on: June 22, 2016, 03:42:07 PM »
We got some massive storms about a week back.  Looks like some areas of Guangdong don't have quite as good of drainage. ananananan
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #2629 on: June 28, 2016, 07:16:47 PM »
Calach ~ you will find your latest news item Upstairs

Gentle Reminder To All Members

Please refrain from posting anything that may upset the local constabulary.  We do not want them to close us down.
kkkkkkkkkk :wtf:

« Reply #2630 on: July 07, 2016, 02:31:01 PM »
Incredible pictures show floods wreaking havoc in China - but people are still living their lives

The downpours hitting the country this week have caused chaos, and the economic costs are still going up for many

Chinese Students Run On Water, Wuhan Flood Photos & Videos

when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2631 on: July 08, 2016, 10:12:45 PM »
Took a couple pounding storms in YiChun earlier this week.  The river got within a meter of the horizontal supports for one of the lower bridges.  Lucky for me that express train routes are more flood resistant than regular trains.  Saw some normal trains with delays of over 6 hours on the big board at the Yichun station.  No delays getting there or back for me. agagagagag
EscapedLunatic.com

rattie

« Reply #2632 on: July 09, 2016, 07:00:24 AM »
My place is on a bend in the Yangzte, my city is part of the flood plain...fortunately I was out of town for the days of the main flooding drama.

Coming home hasn't been great, stairwell is saturated up to the 2nd floor- I live on the 3rd - black mould on everything inside my place, roaches have run upstairs, great! And this evening a rat in the bathroom  bibibibibi It's not fun.

Went down to the river this afternoon, and it s well flooded over the usually pleasant walking paths, halfway up the trunks of the shade trees planted there.

It's not been fun...now to find a way to do something about the rats, Kostya says we should name them all and they each get their own food bowl, he likes company  kkkkkkkkkk

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2633 on: July 09, 2016, 08:19:06 PM »
Glad you missed most of the fun.  I'll bet there were more rats when the lower levels first flooded. aoaoaoaoao

Since you have your own semi-rodent, snap traps are a bad idea. Thanks to Stripey Emperor, I've had to banish all of my snap traps to the roof.  Live catch cage traps in places only acrobatic rodents can reach may be a good solution.   The only bad part is what to do once you've caught one. amamamamam
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2634 on: July 09, 2016, 11:35:57 PM »
Dallas sniper attack: 5 officers killed, suspect identified

The ambush started with gunshots that killed five officers and sent screaming crowds scrambling for cover. It ended when a Dallas police bomb squad robot killed a gunman after negotiations failed.

Investigators identified the dead attacker as Micah Xavier Johnson, 25, of Mesquite, Texas, a military veteran who'd served in Afghanistan.

Police searched his home Friday and found bomb-making materials, ballistic vests, rifles, ammunition and a personal journal of combat tactics. They are analyzing information in the journal, police said in a statement....

rattie

« Reply #2635 on: July 10, 2016, 02:59:31 AM »
Oh Calach, the madman in the the U.S. is actually a truly ugly story...

Now, back to more pressing matters. Absolutely correct Mr. Lunatic, I had to think about little Kostya Tzyu 'world lightweight boxing champion' with so many knockout wins it's a bigger number than I can count to.....can't have him injured or poisoned.

So I did a rat trap shopping patrol with the little guy, and we came home with the most claggy, sticky, nasty kind of paper traps that the little uninvited rodents' feet get bogged in. I have unwrapped them and baited them with a mixture of aromatic Pakistani basmati rice and 'settle in for a good chew' Thai brown Jasmine rice, they may well be foodie rats so I pulled all stops and tried to account for all tastes. Shop guy said they get their feet stuck first then they struggle and get more stuck, then they get tired and lie down and then they're totally fucked agagagagag

Let's hope it works as I am not feeling charitable, they knocked my herb containers off the pantry shelf and have been leaving evidence of their travels aaaaaaaaaa on the bathroom ledge where I keep my toothbrush and such other intimate personal care items..I love monsoon season, NOT.

Now apparently we should all be bunkering in for the incoming typhoon, somehow I believe them this year and will bring my basil and rosemary indoors tomorrow when the sky darkens.

Anhui is actually quite nice, but geez we take a battering sometimes.
R and K and all the little ratties playing inside the unreachable places XXX

AMonk

« Reply #2636 on: July 10, 2016, 06:33:05 AM »
 aoaoaoaoao

Stay very safe, R&K :wtf: 

« Reply #2637 on: July 10, 2016, 02:40:27 PM »
Take care rattie and Kostya! bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #2638 on: July 10, 2016, 08:54:16 PM »
CHINA DEBUTS ANBOT, THE POLICE ROBOT

On April 21, at the 12th Chongqing Hi-Tech fair, the National Defense University, a hotbed of Chinese military innovations, debuted the world's first armed (albeit less than lethal) police robot. The Ministry of Public Security was very excited about the Anbot. As People's Daily extols, "AnBot is able to patrol autonomously and protect against violence or unrest."

The 1.5 meter tall, 78 kg Anbot looks like a cross between Star Wars' R2D2 and Doctor Who's Daleks, with a touchscreen on top. It has enough battery power for 8 hours of operations, autonomous navigation and intelligent video analysis, and can reach speeds of 18 kmh to chase down fleeing criminals or respond to emergencies. The Anbot can also rush over to the scene if a bystander cries for help, and it can even recharge itself without human intervention (bad news in the event of a robot uprising). NDU promises that in addition to standard police patrolling, the Anbot can undertake riot control, by remotely firing its electroshock weapons (or by running over unruly protesters).

While police and prison robot prototypes have been with us for quite a while now, Anbot has several features to take robotic law enforcement up a notch. Bystanders and civilians can use the Anbot to call for help through an SOS button on the Anbot's touchscreen. NDU also has programmed the Anbot to use its audio and visual sensors to recognize and record illegal activities, identify fugitives, and autonomously decide where to patrol....

AND IT HAS A TAZER!

But then, the Sharp Claw's been around for a while too.... WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS SOONER!!!

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2639 on: July 12, 2016, 04:46:01 PM »
Another shooting spree, this time with a new weapon:

EscapedLunatic.com