Yes, this is the Champagne Cabana, but there are a few guidelines.
1. No self nominations. (Certified Lunatics do not have to follow this rule)
2. Quotes from non-members may be submitted, but are just honorable mentions. Hall of Fame awards are only for quotes made inside the Saloon (or it's predecessor sites) by members.
3. Nothing too long. These are supposed to be the best quotes, not the best novels.
4. If you can, please insert a link to the post where the quote comes from.
5. If you disagree with the quote itself (violently or not) please take that to the original discussion topic. I've seen some great quotes that I don't necessarily agree with.
6. Judges will be the first 3 drunken guys I can find down by the village pond. This means that the scores will range from bu ming bai
to ting bu dong
. Since none of them speak English, this ensures total fairness and impartiality.
I'd like to start this thread off with some quotes that truly deserve Hall of Fame status by our beloved leader Raoul, he of drunked and blessed memory.
From his signature:Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!
And some that Mr. Benn found and reposted here
:One trick you might try: Make some very proud statements that everyone will know is wrong, e.g. "Paper was invented in America, by a man named Jonathan Pape!". This might get some students arguing with you, and therefore speaking English despite themselves.This seems to be the Unwritten Rule of Moon Cakes: The less you like them, the more of them you are likely to receive.
Anyone else seen something at the Saloon worthy of the Quotes Hall of Fame?