Weather Check

• 1321 replies
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #1020 on: September 29, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
Today it feels like winter has officially arrived in Harbin - even though it is still September. Our temperature today reached the balmy heights of 6C from a minimum of 4C. It will be some sort of record for coldest September day I think - but does give us a certain sense of foreboding as to what this winter will do. To give you some idea of how big a drop this is the previous 5 days had maximum temperatures of 23 24 23 23 and 16. I thought I had a month before I needed to worry about thermals but today makes me wonder.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

« Reply #1021 on: September 30, 2011, 02:24:13 AM »
Beijing has had gorgeous weather for the past couple of weeks -- mid 20s with mostly clear blue skies. It won't last forever though, I'm sure we have about a month of this left at most before the cold starts to set in.

« Reply #1022 on: October 23, 2011, 05:25:22 PM »
All the cold weather froze my internet (well it sounded like a good excuse when I thought of it!)

Ice on the window this morning.  Shenyang has hit 0 degrees C....
I'll tell you all my secrets but I'll lie about my past. (Tom Waits)

« Reply #1023 on: October 24, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »
Cassnadra, Ice on the windows? 0 degrees C? I think I'd be taking my key out and putting on my winter woollies! bfbfbfbfbf Nothing worse than frozen boobs. aoaoaoaoao  ahahahahah

« Reply #1024 on: October 24, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »
It got cold all of a sudden here in Beijing too. Of course it is nothing compared to the weather we'll be getting in a month or two, but it was a bit of a shock to have to put on a sweater and an actual coat to go outside last night.

« Reply #1025 on: October 24, 2011, 02:50:59 PM »
And with this sudden blast of cold weather has come the obligatory head cold :( - or maybe that was from taking wedding pictures all afternoon in a strapless gown... either way, it was pretty chilly once the sun went down!

« Reply #1026 on: October 30, 2011, 01:20:33 PM »
It's snowing in the New York City area. This is the wrong time of year for this much snow.  asasasasas
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

« Reply #1027 on: October 30, 2011, 09:39:29 PM »
Granny Mae - I threw on a cardy ;)
I'll tell you all my secrets but I'll lie about my past. (Tom Waits)

« Reply #1028 on: October 31, 2011, 10:55:56 AM »
Good girl cassnadra. bfbfbfbfbf

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #1029 on: November 06, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »
How's this for weather: we just had an earthquake! oooooooooo aoaoaoaoao

Our first quake was in the wee hours this morning and I slept through it.
But we just now  had a second quake. I thought the upstairs neighbors had gone berserk but realized everything in the house was shaking.

My first seismic event. Spooky as hell. apapapapap

BTW, the 2nd quake was mag 5.2. And yes, Oklahoma do indeed have earthquakes...there's a fault line out between Tulsa and OKC. It shakes a lot, but most quakes are so weak few people feel them.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

xwarrior

« Reply #1030 on: November 06, 2011, 06:26:40 PM »
Scary, eh ....  aoaoaoaoao

New Zealand is known as the 'Shaky Isles' but I do not think anyone gets used to earthquakes - never know if it is the beginning of the Big One.

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #1031 on: November 06, 2011, 06:36:51 PM »
This last one was about a minute long, and there was no missing it. The news is now reporting the strength has officially been upped to 5.6...
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Monkey King

« Reply #1032 on: November 18, 2011, 02:04:55 PM »
What the hell, Nov 18th and it's sub-tropical in Shanghai and humid as hell...sweating...As a large fur-covered northern mammal, I have put on extra weight as is traditional in preparation for this time of year and I demand my winter!

SpV

« Reply #1033 on: November 18, 2011, 07:09:59 PM »
It was pretty warm yesterday in Yangzhou, went out e-bike shopping and stupidly took a coat, ended up having to carry the damn thing all day.

Today the weather is not so warm, we've had several short showers of rain but it's still not anywhere near 'cold' - the Chinese teachers here tell me I'm crazy for only wearing a t-shirt, I try to explain that this could almost pass as a nice day back in the UK - they just tell me I'm crazy.

« Reply #1034 on: November 18, 2011, 07:32:53 PM »
Been a steady 25C in Guangxi.
Unseasonal for November so I've been told.
Bit muggy & grey somedays though.

When we do have a cold snap the Ss think I'm crazy for just wearing a polo shirt.
"You are so strong!"
I then explain it's not strong, its tough!
As my old mum used to say "You won't feel the benefit"

Arse end of nowhere...across from the renegade province.

"Liberty is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear" - George Orwell