Weather Check

• 1321 replies

Ruth

Re: Weather Check
« Reply #945 on: February 01, 2011, 09:21:05 PM »
Granny, stay safe. Forgive my ignorance of Australian geography, but is the cyclone headed to the area that's seen so many floods?
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #946 on: February 02, 2011, 03:40:42 AM »
Ruth, yes it is. And this cyclone is as big as Hurricane Katrina  aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao!

Here's hoping it doesn't blow south- a few days ago it really looked like it was headed towards Brisbane, but now it's back up the coast. Not surprising as that area always gets hit by numerous cyclones every year. Just not this big...
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

« Reply #947 on: February 02, 2011, 04:49:03 AM »
Hey Stil

Here is Ontario weather:

Winter storm warning in effect.

Tonight
    Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries this evening and after midnight. Snow and blowing snow beginning after midnight. Amount 5 cm. Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 13.

Wednesday
    Snow at times heavy ending early in the evening then cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Amount 15 cm. Blowing snow. Wind northeast 50 km/h gusting to 70 becoming north 30 gusting to 50 in the afternoon. High minus 7.

Enjoy Canada   agagagagag agagagagag
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #948 on: February 02, 2011, 06:21:56 AM »
I live in Hunan dear with no indoor heat so i'm looking forward to the storm here in Ontario and watching it from the comfort of my toasty warm house. Long underwear is completely useless here. I've done the shopping and am ready to just hunker down in front of the telly. Bring it on I says.

A-Train

« Reply #949 on: February 02, 2011, 08:53:15 AM »
Made it to Wisconsin Sunday night.  The driveway was filled with eight inches of snow.  After a few hours of work it started snowing.  Now there is 18 inches on the way.  Never thought I would miss Dalian's weather. 
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #950 on: February 02, 2011, 03:20:29 PM »
Stil  So glad you made it back to Ontario for the break.  agagagagag I know you were worried that your flight might be canceled.  agagagagag agagagagag

Yes, I too like watching a winter storm from the comfort of my home.  I have a fireplace in my house in Canada which makes watching a storm even better.  ahahahahah

A-Train  I am currently in Dalian where it is sunny and +1C.   bjbjbjbjbj  ahahahahah
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #951 on: February 02, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
I was delayed due to fog out of Changsha and missed my connecting flight to Toronto. The next one I could book was two days later so I was stuck in Beijing for a couple of days. It turned out pretty good as I was able to meet up with Nolefan who I hadn't seen in about 5 years.

I too have a fireplace to cozy up to as the snow falls.  agagagagag

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #952 on: February 02, 2011, 05:11:52 PM »
Yo'klahoma has just had a record-setting blizzard!
Tulsa is covered in deep snow and high drifts, accompanied by dangerous driving frigid winds and the first of several days of below-zero (below zero FAHRENHEIT, none of that wussy Communist Celsius nonsense) temperatures. They say the streets are littered with foundered four-wheel-drive vehicles. Ambulances, fire trucks, snow plows...ALL are getting stuck out there.

A good time to stay home, watch TV, get online, play Civilization IV, take long delicious naps, and load up on the pain meds...which is kinda what I like to do these days anyway. agagagagag bfbfbfbfbf
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #953 on: February 02, 2011, 05:16:46 PM »
Beijng has actually warmed up considerably these past few days -- just in time for the temple fairs! Yesterday it was 9 degrees and I was actually kind of warm walking around in my layers. When we got home I had to open windows because the the indoor heating it was actually too hot in the house.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #954 on: February 02, 2011, 05:27:52 PM »
It's warming up in YiChun.  It should be above 10 degrees in an hour or so.  I think it's the heat from all the fireworks. agagagagag
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #955 on: February 02, 2011, 08:30:14 PM »
Its so warm in Changchun, the temperatures have hit the single digits though still negative. It should hit zero in about 6 weeks. Hold it, today's Groundhog Day ooooooooooooooh nooooooooooooo
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Ruth

« Reply #956 on: February 02, 2011, 10:38:44 PM »
The Groundhog would have seen his shadow here in Dongguan today. Bright and sunny. Temp inside is still hovering at 10 celcius, but it warms up to the mid-teens outside mid-day.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
« Reply #957 on: February 03, 2011, 03:08:37 AM »
I'm in Xiamen. It gets down into low single digits (Celsius of course, no quaintly obsolete systems for me) at night but mostly seems remarkably warm compared to Shanghai, let alone other places.
Who put a stop payment on my reality check?

« Reply #958 on: February 03, 2011, 03:21:46 AM »
Ruth, yes it is. And this cyclone is as big as Hurricane Katrina  aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao!

Unfortunately it is actually a bit bigger than Katrina was.

This article gives some idea of just how big in size (much less strength) the storm is. I found this staggering.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/floodrelief/how-cyclone-yasi-compares-around-the-world/story-fn7ik2te-1225998762870

Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

« Reply #959 on: February 03, 2011, 04:33:04 AM »
Unfortunately it is actually a bit bigger than Katrina was.

This article gives some idea of just how big in size (much less strength) the storm is. I found this staggering.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/floodrelief/how-cyclone-yasi-compares-around-the-world/story-fn7ik2te-1225998762870

damn!
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion