Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #645 on: June 24, 2008, 05:45:08 AM »
I am from Bristol in England so I think I talk like a farmer but people dont seem to mention it over here that much.

Really? You sure about that?

AMonk

« Reply #646 on: June 24, 2008, 10:02:44 AM »
Any Bristolian who thinks s/he sounds like a farmer instead of a sailor can't be all bad, Eh?
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #647 on: July 01, 2008, 06:31:45 AM »
Hi, I'm Jack.  I live in Lanzhou.  Ever chanced a visit here?

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #648 on: July 01, 2008, 06:34:56 AM »
I'll be in Lanzhou for about an hour on Sunday morning!!  Switching from train to bus there.  agagagagag ahahahahah  Done that switch a good dozen times now - or stayed overnight and caught the plane back next day.  Night markets are fun. Landscape is sad.

« Reply #649 on: July 01, 2008, 07:54:41 AM »
Hi Jack. I have never been to Lanzhou, don't even know where it is but I'll def. put it on the list of places to visit. Anyone who reads "The Monk" for fun must be a hoot and a half agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #650 on: July 01, 2008, 03:13:32 PM »
It's in China Eric

« Reply #651 on: July 01, 2008, 03:29:49 PM »
 bkbkbkbkbk axaxaxaxax
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #652 on: July 02, 2008, 01:00:36 AM »
It's in China Eric

So, not on the Moon then??
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #653 on: July 02, 2008, 01:06:24 AM »
Although sometimes from satellite it has been hard to find - covered in pollution!

« Reply #654 on: July 13, 2008, 12:17:32 AM »
G'day from downunder. I'm an Aussie still in Sydney awaiting confirmation of a visa to teach in Ningbo, beginning in August for 4 months - Advanced Diploma of International Business via TAFE. I'm definitely a newbie although a teenager in a 50-something body. I'll welcome all sorts of advice on living expenses, getting on and surviving...or enjoying the experience heaps.
Australian Training Partners
PO 361 Edgecliff NSW 2027 Australia
Phone +61 2 9130 6234
Mobile 0411 475 475
www.skillcourses.com
"The richness of my life can be measured in the fewness of my wants."

« Reply #655 on: July 13, 2008, 12:23:06 AM »
Hi there Gragra - which school in Ningbo/Tafe will you be working at?? I have a few friends working there now and am fairly familiar with some of the programs there.

AMonk

« Reply #656 on: July 13, 2008, 12:29:43 AM »
Welcome, Gragra! agagagagag

May I suggest that you begin your searching in the Lending Library?  Then ask any other questions you may think of in The Bar. We have folks from all over PRC, who are able to supply answers to (almost) anything.

Nice to have you here!
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #657 on: July 13, 2008, 06:12:22 PM »
Hi, Gragra! I'm new-ish also, mostly a voyeur because I am still in Colorado, USA and have little (none really) to contribute to the China scene. Everyone has been very warm and informative and despite some of the challenges China presents to people comfortable with a Western lifestyle, I can't help but be intrigued by the Middle Kingdom. Welcome aboard! And I wish you all the best in your journey!

« Reply #658 on: July 13, 2008, 09:57:57 PM »
Welcome, Gagra. So you too could not resist and had to follow the rabbit down the rabbit hole, eh? As for surviving, the best advice I can give is this: shrug and say "TIFC" whenever encountering anything that's just plain weird. Have fun agagagagag agagagagag

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #659 on: July 15, 2008, 12:52:40 AM »

belated welcome to the madness y'all..

grab a seat if you find one and sit back.. first round on LT while she's not looking
 agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com