Introductions

• 1851 replies

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
Re: Introductions
« Reply #630 on: May 15, 2008, 12:31:03 AM »
It was only a matter of time. Though i must admit that that was a joke that i hadn't thought of.

agagagagag
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

dasein

• Great Job!
« Reply #631 on: May 19, 2008, 03:06:23 PM »
Damn, I totally missed this thread... I'm 31, Canadian (Montreal)... worked as a chef/sous-chef/kitchen bitch for the better part of a decade... was taking English/Philosophy, dropped out due to culinary obligations... will be in China by July... still debating between Wuhan and Suzhou... current status: shitfaced (vicoria day tomorrow.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 03:26:30 PM by dasein »

dasein

• Great Job!
« Reply #632 on: May 20, 2008, 12:56:55 AM »
Oh man, don't listen to Missi. I'd rather lick the inside of a fake leg than listen to Celine...oooooh and I'm originally from Ontario... but have yet to sleep with any of my cousins... zing!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:08:38 AM by dasein »

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #633 on: May 20, 2008, 01:32:31 AM »
but have yet to sleep with any of my cousins... zing!

Well, you're the only one then.

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
« Reply #634 on: June 02, 2008, 09:44:51 PM »
... he likes Celine Dion!!! 

Here, have some a white wine spritizer while you lsiten to Celine Poutine, ...
Celine Poutine? I love it.

For those who don't know, poutine is a Quebecois specialty. Fries, cheese curd, then a lot of hot gravy to melt the curds. It is significantly less ghastly than it sounds.

Celine owns a chain of restaurants called Nickels, and various family members run it. 1950s style with burgers, milkshakes, pictures of Marylin, Elvis, Jimmy Dean, etc. Mostly in Quebec, one in Ottawa, dunno about anywhere else. Not a bad place. I don't know if they have poutine, though.
Who put a stop payment on my reality check?

Newbs

« Reply #635 on: June 13, 2008, 11:46:20 PM »
G'day and welcome to dasein and all the others that I've yet to meet.
still debating between Wuhan and Suzhou
Unbiased opinion coming up here, concerning which seems to be the better city. SUZHOU!!  Get it, SUZHOU!!  Mind you, great job in a krappy city probably beats a krappy job in a great city.  Been to both places, worked in neither. 
current status: shitfaced (vicoria day tomorrow.)
Good on you, mate, keep up the good work. jjjjjjjjjj

« Reply #636 on: June 22, 2008, 08:39:14 PM »
Hiya

I am Mr Barfly. One of the newest members in the Saloon.  I have just turned 31 this month.  I am from Bristol in England so I think I talk like a farmer but people dont seem to mention it over here that much. I have been in China since January, before that I was travelling around the globe, mostly in the middle east though.  I am loving China and I am hoping to stay here for a very long time, especially if I keep meeting great people like Missi.

« Reply #637 on: June 22, 2008, 08:52:40 PM »
Welcome, Mister Barfly. Always nice to have a globetrotter in our midst. So, where have you been travelling to? I would like to say that China is full to the brim with people like Missi but we both know she is fabulously unique agagagagag. Have a drink on me agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #638 on: June 22, 2008, 08:58:42 PM »
Well I started my travels in November, I went to Sweden first for three weeks, god its boring there.  Then I went to Jordan for a month, it has changed alot since I went there 2 years ago. Then I passed through Eilat which was an absolute nightmare.  I spent Xmas and new years in Sharm, Egypt which was amazing.  Then I got offered this job in China, so I popped to Thailand first for 2 weeks and then made my way to China and I love it here.  I have been to alot of other countries but I find Asia and the Middle East the most interesting.

« Reply #639 on: June 22, 2008, 11:52:00 PM »
You went to Sweden??? Of all the Scandinavian countries, you went to a place that should be renamed Puritanica?? Dear chap, you should have popped across the water, Denmark is much more fun than Sweden and we have the same number of pretty blonde, blue-eyed girls.

I have never been to the Middle East, apart from a two-week holiday in Egypt. Did not have much time to figure out if the place was interesting, as I got sun shock and was therefore delirious and laid up in the shade for most of the trip. I like ME cooking though, big fan of that. As for Asia, I hear ya agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

« Reply #640 on: June 22, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »
Sweden should be named WHAT?  ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah Eric, I don't know in what sense you mean they are puritans.  ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah

« Reply #641 on: June 23, 2008, 12:06:09 AM »
Cheeky, ever been to Sweden?? Ever encountered their alcohol laws?? Ever been on the main street in Copenhagen on a Friday or Saturday?? Ever taken the ferry from Elsinore to Stockholm??? Ever traversed Elsinore city on a weekend?? If you had, you would know why it should be renamed Puritanica....

« Reply #642 on: June 23, 2008, 12:16:41 AM »
I thought PURITAN was related to something else...

« Reply #643 on: June 23, 2008, 12:19:35 AM »
Naughty, Cheeky, naughty cbcbcbcbcb cbcbcbcbcb Puritans are not too keen on many things. Remember the old joke: Why do Calvinists frown on sex? They fear it may lead to dancing.

Mister Barfly was very correct when he invoked a deity to confirm just how deplorably dull Sweden is.

AMonk

« Reply #644 on: June 23, 2008, 01:15:31 PM »
Welcome to this madhouse, Barfly. agagagagag  Looks like you'll fit right in here bfbfbfbfbf
Moderation....in most things...