Weather Check

• 1321 replies

Tree

• This personal text is false.
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #1185 on: February 06, 2014, 07:59:06 PM »
It was ~70 F here a few days ago, although it has deteriorated into brisk and damp.

Back home has been hit with storm after storm - looks like we dodged the bullet this year.
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

« Reply #1186 on: February 07, 2014, 02:56:58 AM »
Ice pellets.

"Pellets" is not a weather word.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1187 on: February 07, 2014, 03:43:13 PM »
Ice pellets.

"Pellets" is not a weather word.

How about Ice Bullets or Ice Missiles? mmmmmmmmmm
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1188 on: February 07, 2014, 04:46:51 PM »
It is accurate inasmuch as pellets of ice have been falling from the sky. Each one is small, about the size of half a grain of rice. Nonetheless, pellet is a farming word. I dub the ice pellet phenomenon "sleet", for that is its name.

Or "ice rice", and God thinks we're all getting married in the rain.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1189 on: February 07, 2014, 04:55:48 PM »
Just wait until it changes to hail, or, as I like to call it "Ice Grenades" ahahahahah

Bloody hell!  I'm getting out of town just in time.  Freezing temps are expected here on Sunday and there's a possibility of snow on Monday.
EscapedLunatic.com

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #1190 on: February 07, 2014, 06:20:03 PM »
first snow of the winter today in Beijing...
it's been a dry and mild one so far..
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #1191 on: February 07, 2014, 10:25:09 PM »
Present weather reports for hereabouts suggest a low of -8C for Monday. I don't care what you people with the central heating say, -8C is the apocalypse. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO DIE IN FIRE!

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1192 on: February 09, 2014, 06:22:46 AM »
So what do I wear when I leave Israel on Thursday (18C) go thru Amsterdam 8 hour layover (5C0 and arrive in Xiamen (10C)?? Help!
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #1193 on: February 09, 2014, 03:06:26 PM »
I don't know... I have forgotten what you wear when it is warmer than 0C... One day briefly over 0C since the start of December... and currently -28C (at 9am)... Wonderful blue sky... But certainly cold this morning.  Just in time for me to go outside.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

« Reply #1194 on: February 09, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »
Ice-rain is hail. Or hale. I don't know, I've only ever said it before, not written. I think its hail as you say 'It's hailing' like 'it's raining'. Anyway, in Tianjin it's bloody cold today!

rattie

« Reply #1195 on: February 09, 2014, 05:14:31 PM »
Snow flurries here right now. But due to the strange false spring we had last week it's melting as soon as it hits the ground, but it does look nice drifting by my 3rd floor window.
Rx

Tree

• This personal text is false.
« Reply #1196 on: February 09, 2014, 07:03:21 PM »
We are finally getting a dusting here! Hooray!

I love snow - I love it when it shuts the city down and regular life grinds to a peaceful halt.

We had a serious blizzard 3-4 years ago that dumped two feet in a day, with lightning and gale force winds to boot. There was nowhere to put all the snow, so they had to grind it for miles and dump it in the river. Naturally this means we all enjoyed at least 2-3 days of glorious stay at home nothingness.
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1197 on: February 10, 2014, 02:54:47 AM »
Bah can't abide the white stuff or anything like that which falls out of the sky.Give me 28C any day.
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1198 on: February 10, 2014, 10:20:56 PM »
Someone at the bureau of weather control messed up.  I flew south and it's still bloody cold! asasasasas

So what do I wear when I leave Israel on Thursday (18C) go thru Amsterdam 8 hour layover (5C0 and arrive in Xiamen (10C)?? Help!

Hawaiian shirt and shorts.  Whether the weather is hot or cold, at least you'll look cool. ababababab
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #1199 on: February 11, 2014, 12:04:37 AM »
 cfcfcfcfcf
Temps have stayed in the high-teens to low-20s all winter.  However, they have come with rain and wind.   kkkkkkkkkk
Moderation....in most things...