George

• My view of China
Re: TIPhC: This is Photographed China
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »
He's good, isn't he!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 02:44:39 AM »
Did photobucket just go tits up in China?  I was going to post a message exclaiming how good I am at making China appear depopulated, and I was going to ironically back it up with my one and only crowd scene--Walmart on Day One of 2011--but Teh Bukkit in't willing to appear and accept the upload.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

xwarrior

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
I took this photo in 2000 - the year I arrived in China. The platform boots the girl is wearing were the height of fashion at that time.

The photo is a scanned copy of a photo (digital was not a real option for anything here at that time) and somehow it has survived my moves around the country.

I am still in China.

... and that brings up 1000 (yi qian) for the Saloon.

I think I will have a beer tonight and reflect on a lot of things.  agagagagag

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 10:00:17 PM »
Student Cheer Leader.Longdong tif.jpg

Ah, yes. Longdong, indeed. afafafafaf
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

xwarrior

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 05:18:16 AM »
Ah, yes. Longdong, indeed.

To be honest, the town had that name before I arrived.

Something to do with a local legend derived from a sexual version of'cargo' cultures. You know the story - one day a white god will fly out of the sky on a silver bird and he will known to us through the size of that part of his anatomy in which we have been deficient .....

Anyway, I was made to feel very welcome in Longdong by nearly half the population.   
- Bette Midler

xwarrior

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2011, 03:19:28 AM »
ummm .... I made a mistake ...... I will now have to figure out where to put my photos  bibibibibi
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 03:27:19 AM by xwarrior »
- Bette Midler

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 05:07:09 AM »

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2011, 10:54:29 AM »
Pardon my ignorance calech pfeffer, but what is being done here?

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2011, 03:30:47 PM »
this is the ever popular taxi trap. The local hunters had to change tactics when the tigers disappeared. uuuuuuuuuu

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 03:43:11 AM »
That is the largest of four holes being dug in the road.  They jackhammered the road one day and dug a big hole and lined it with concrete and then dug some more.  And on the other side of the campus a giant trench is being dug either to or from the lake.  Apparently some kind of sewerage system is being created.  

Until now, and probably for some little time to come, the considerable quantities of, um, processed food generated by the collections of dormitories on three adjacent campuses had been, well--collected in poo ponds, basically, and washed out into the once beauteous lake our school resides upon.  Soon however it is to be collected in giant tarpaulin-covered bus traps.  Beware unwary traveller, Hunan people have a fairly basic sense of humour.

xwarrior

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 04:39:44 AM »
I have always associated holes like that with the construction of a subway line - but the Hunan explanation is far more interesting  xxxxxxxxxx... and should keep the enemy guessing.
 agagagagag

I just hope that the  ababababab in Langley do not think they are IBM silos. If they do then not only will the lake soon disappear in a big splatter but also most of the city.
(this paragraph should be read while humming 'Star Spangled Banner.')

PS
I was going to post a message exclaiming how good I am at making China appear depopulated,

Calech - now we know where all the people in your area are going        

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:00:26 AM by xwarrior »
- Bette Midler

imsky

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2011, 05:47:03 AM »
Suzhou's Musician Shuttle

old34

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2011, 06:22:36 AM »
That's my old Bank of China branch on Shiquan Jie in Suzhou. I still have the ATM card from that branch.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2011, 11:30:04 AM »
I passed it a zillion times, satisfied that I never had an account there. bjbjbjbjbj
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2011, 09:20:45 PM »
From earlier today...

*posted these in wrong thread earlier.  bibibibibi