Weather Check

• 1321 replies
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #975 on: March 16, 2011, 11:01:54 PM »
Chinese weather experts must be clairvoyant, they predicted the snow BEFORE the disaster
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Knock, knock...
« Reply #976 on: May 23, 2011, 05:52:10 PM »
I kept hearing this annoying tapping outside, against my sliding glass patio doors.
"Damn crazy neighbors", I thought. But it kept up and I finally opened the blinds to look.

Say hello to quarter-sized hail, bouncing all over and accumulating on the ground.

I switched to a local TV station...golf-ball-sized hail is coming this way, followed by baseball-sized hail. They're saying East Tulsa, including me, is facing massive damage.
And I have no covered parking...

Ah, Spring in Oklahoma..
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
Re: Knock, knock...
« Reply #977 on: May 23, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »
Ah, Spring in Oklahoma..

Meanwhile, summer is coming in the South of China; First typhoon of the season looks like it might be large and might hit Fujian,

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/wp201104.html
Who put a stop payment on my reality check?

« Reply #978 on: May 30, 2011, 04:59:19 PM »
Damn monsoon! Stop raining already.

Back in Toronto, we had two seasons, winter and construction

In Changchun we also have two seasons, cold and miserable or wet and miserable
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Monkey King

« Reply #979 on: June 19, 2011, 07:59:37 AM »
The lower Yangtze has finally come out of a terrible winter/spring drought and into the "huang mei" wet season. 

I am all for the drought relief, but otherwise it's absolutely feckin horrible.  It's hot, humid and raining all at the same time, all the time. 

I can hardly breath during the day time because the air is like second-hand soup, and i need the fan on full blast or the air con just to get some sleep at night.  I don't remember it being this bad for me in previous years.

« Reply #980 on: June 19, 2011, 10:32:30 AM »
MK, wish we could change places for an hour. I am sitting here in 5 degrees which is cold for Sunny Brisbane.

jpd01

« Reply #981 on: June 19, 2011, 07:16:59 PM »
5 degrees!!! holy crap!!! can't remember the last time it was that cold in Brisvagas
"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of." Charlie Sheen.

« Reply #982 on: June 19, 2011, 10:58:23 PM »
I don't belive a word of it. I will be back on the Sunny Coast in a couple of weeks and I bet it won't even be cold!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #983 on: June 20, 2011, 08:18:34 AM »
Are all you saloonies okay over there in Middle Kingdomland it sounds pretty wet from over here
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #984 on: June 20, 2011, 08:57:49 AM »
In the North-east not wet at all. Yesterday was a hot 36 degrees in Harbin so summer is here.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

« Reply #985 on: June 20, 2011, 09:02:46 AM »
Guangzhou is HOT AND STICKY....... Almost as bad as Texas.  Nice torrential rains from time to time though.... I just love a good storm!   uuuuuuuuuu

« Reply #986 on: June 20, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »
I don't belive a word of it. I will be back on the Sunny Coast in a couple of weeks and I bet it won't even be cold!

Are you bringing some "hot stuff" with you? afafafafaf

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #987 on: June 24, 2011, 01:25:15 AM »

worst rain storms we've seen in a while have hit Beijing tonight... the city is literally one hell of a large swimming pool!

Looks like I picked a great day to work from home:
http://beijingdaze.com/general/2011/06/23/massive-flash-flood-hit-beijing-during-the-worst-of-rush-hour/

holly  bqbqbqbqbq
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #988 on: June 24, 2011, 01:29:31 AM »
Damn Noles - looks like yet another reason to always carry a towel!

So, are they passing out scuba gear in the subways yet?
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

xwarrior

« Reply #989 on: June 24, 2011, 03:05:11 AM »
Amazing!  Surfs up in Beijing!

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler