Weather Check

• 1321 replies

kitano

• Children of the Atom
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #1125 on: August 08, 2012, 09:06:29 PM »
SO erm, it's stopped raining and we got nothing here, less of a storm than the ones in July :(

« Reply #1126 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22:40 PM »
It is just raining in HZ. Typhoon-smyphoon, I rode my bicycle for an hour to and from the school and just got a little wet. Went all the way up to the supermarket which sells Western goodies only to be told it was closed due to the typhoon. Can't get daily dose of exercise due to typhoon, as gym is closed too. It is just a wee bit of rain...I love China but they are seriously wussies when it comes to bad weather.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1127 on: August 08, 2012, 10:36:07 PM »
Saw a crazy video of Ningbo with a woman doing a report in the middle of a proper typhoon with a rope around her so she didn't blow away while she was doing the report :D

Same thing happened when I lived in Korea, the school closed and everyone was saying 'stay safe in the typhoon' and then it was just like a summers day in Newcastle!

AMonk

« Reply #1128 on: August 08, 2012, 11:14:07 PM »
It is just raining in HZ. Typhoon-smyphoon ...It is just a wee bit of rain...I love China but they are seriously wussies when it comes to bad weather.

Having lived through 3 direct hits from hurricanes aoaoaoaoao I can assure you that the Chinese attitude is actually a very healthy one.  I'd rather that they over-reacted ahead of time bfbfbfbfbf than tried to explain themselves afterwards :wtf:
Moderation....in most things...

Monkey King

« Reply #1129 on: August 08, 2012, 11:26:05 PM »
China isn't always the most saftey conscious society and even in mild typhoons you still hear of people dying, like drowning in floodwater, hit by falling trees/debris etc...there was one a few years ago in Ningbo that seemed like it was no worse than a typical stormy Scottish day and the next day in the news they were saying 10 dead or so...

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1130 on: August 09, 2012, 01:35:27 AM »
I'm actually genuinely disappointed. I was expecting to see trees flying about and things. I mean it is good because that means that everyone is safer, but still

I might try and persuade my girlfriend to move to Japan....

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1131 on: August 09, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »
I might try and persuade my girlfriend to move to Japan....

There are simpler ways to say "I don't want to date you anymore" than asking her to leave the country. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1132 on: August 09, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »
then it was just like a summers day in Newcastle!
ooh Kitano you are such a card.  ahahahahah ahahahahah
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

eggcluck

• Still standing
« Reply #1133 on: August 09, 2012, 10:15:56 PM »
A non event, well....the corridors are going to need replastering ( yea right) and a tree did fall over, yes thats right a tree. I did slip and fall on my a** with all that water around though.

No thanks from helping the ladies who could not open the doors in the wind ^^ Still I did not do it to get thankyous. I have learned not to expect any  bibibibibi
Still standing

SpV

« Reply #1134 on: August 09, 2012, 11:46:47 PM »
Woke up with a brutal hangover this morning but had to go down town, was nice and sunny outside and the hangover ensured I forgot about all the rain, went out in shorts and t-shirt, 30secs after getting out the cab it began to chuck it down.

It has not stopped since.

Yesterday the wind was so strong in knocked SilverMay's ebike over and broke it :(

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1135 on: April 11, 2013, 02:38:48 PM »
20 degrees and nearly 3 weeks of rain every day. ananananan

Normally, I'd expect to be baking by now and have the occasional storm blow through to cool things off for an hour or two.

If this keeps up, I'm going to need to build an ark.

EscapedLunatic.com

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #1136 on: April 11, 2013, 03:02:05 PM »
In Guangzhou...

This kind of weather is why Al Gore invented gore-tex. Or was it the internet? Either way, it's the perfect time to test rain gear. So far, so good.

Umbrellas are almost useless in the wind, especially the taller you are.

« Reply #1137 on: April 11, 2013, 03:40:59 PM »
In Canada we are expecting a major winter storm tomorrow.  They expect around 20 cm of snow and possibly freezing rain or ice pellets.   llllllllll asasasasas asasasasas

Not nice   asasasasas
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #1138 on: April 11, 2013, 07:07:03 PM »
gzwriter, I agree! I am ssssooooo over this weather! It's been raining almost non stop for almost 3 weeks now, with maybe a day's break a week ago. Bleh.....
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1139 on: April 11, 2013, 07:19:26 PM »
Does anyone have contact info for the Guangdong Bureau of Weather Control?  I want to have a chat with them. asasasasas
EscapedLunatic.com