Specific Individual Expat Teachers You'd Like To Send Back Home- Via Catapult

• 129 replies
F chords do not exist...they are a myth, told to children to make them eat vegetables, like the boogeyman and Michael Jackson...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
That must be that Danish death metal stuff again. I am sure I recall F chords in other music. Or perhaps I was drunk.

(Once, when I saw Lou Reed playing unplugged, he was saying the bastard critics said he only could play three chords. They were referring to Sweet Jane or something. He refuted them very well, showing that it actually has 4 chords.

How sweet is victory.)
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

synthette58

.....Eric is just miffed at the 'F' chord because, as I told ya before - he has a deformity - now I'm not going into this, because it's intensely personal, and Eric is a sensitive chappie.
Furthermore, we're not allowed to mock the afflicted on this board.

Once we can find a surgeon willing to fuse two of Eric's fingers together, the problem will be solved, and he'll be playing 'F's everywhere, (he'll be 'F'-ing everywhere?) without a by-your-leave...he will become an F-fanatic (or he'll develop a stammer.......). It could go either way right now.
 :wtf:

Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

There is this tall Scottish lad here in Suzhou that scares people.  He rambles/rants, starting by saying something innocuous, then "f***in' c***s", then tries to tie the two things together, only to lose the thread of what he was trying to say.  Every minute or so he bends forward and slaps his head.  I'm convinced he has schizophrenia, but I have no way to tell whether he's dangerous.  My guess is yes: a live hand grenade that I hope goes off when no one I know is around.  This is a universal opinion.

Trouble is, how does one get rid of someone like this?  There's no way to get him help here, and it will take a nasty event to get him deported.

I forgot to add that is accent is thicker than canal water... and he's an English teacher.  mmmmmmmmmm
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
are the students scared? They should then complain. The admin will send him packing, I would imagine.

personally, 'run away! run away!' is a good option. It worked for Sir Robin.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

Riz

This guy from Canada happens to dislike anything under the sun! Thanks gosh he teaches at the other campus. He talks rudely to Chinese tutors, course consultants and even foreigners. He argues with taxi drivers. He came from Suzhou a year ago and I am sure he must have done something terrible there that he escaped. He had a kinda gf who left him few weeks ago due to his rash attitude. Management is not happy with him. He knows that they will not offer him the next contract. The school hesitates to invite him on dinners or other activities since he's good at creating scenes.
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Short and funny quotes, Winston Churchill.

synthette58

He had a kinda gf who left him few weeks ago due to his rash

..that's the bit I got to before spraying coffee over my keyboard...... ananananan

There is this tall Scottish lad here in Suzhou that scares people.  He rambles/rants, starting by saying something innocuous, then "f***in' c***s", then tries to tie the two things together, only to lose the thread of what he was trying to say.  Every minute or so he bends forward and slaps his head.  I'm convinced he has schizophrenia, but I have no way to tell whether he's dangerous.  My guess is yes: a live hand grenade that I hope goes off when no one I know is around.  This is a universal opinion.

Trouble is, how does one get rid of someone like this?  There's no way to get him help here, and it will take a nasty event to get him deported.

I forgot to add that is accent is thicker than canal water... and he's an English teacher.  mmmmmmmmmm

LOL.  I've worked with four scottish lads in the last year, and your description reminds me of three of them.  Particularly the "f***in' c***s" bit.  If you're on their wavelength they're sound, but if they think you're a "f***in' c***", you're probably going to be aware of it  uuuuuuuuuu

...Borrowed money from anyone foolish enough to believe him. Maybe he was sending it home to his sick mother, but hitting on young Chinese teachers getting 1,000 a month, then having no recollection of the deal is a bit low. Even after he was sacked he came back begging...
These are the kind I dislike as well, and, in my experience, they seem to predominate among Americans from southern states for some reason. I have yet to witness any other subgroup of a nationality display the same level of venality. Certainly there are wonderful exceptions. Grand personalities and wonderful scholars often come from the southern United States, but are there any others among us who have developed an instinctive negative and defensive reaction to an American southern accent? I cannot be the only one.
We had a rather large chap who was always having money problems living in our building. For a short period he was also on our English staff. While in our department he borrowed money from almost everyone, including the dean. Once he had ‘conquered’ a colleague, he seemed to forget he knew them, and certainly displayed no interest in returning the purloined capital. He moved on to greater, or at least different, things and has since left China, and a trail of IOUs, behind.
An American/Chinese woman who had been teaching in China, off and on, for many years displayed another lamentable personality type. She was one of those who, because she was an ‘AMERICAN,’ as she too often would remind all within earshot, lorded it over the Chinese nationals claiming the superiority of her pronunciation.  The problem was that she spoke in a dialect of the English language she had picked up on the streets in New York City’s Chinatown. It had the characteristic tongue-tied, soft pattern sound so common to that brand of Chinglish.  While not as difficult for an Englishman to interpret as is South Island New Zealander (Not that it would be proper to salt more than one or two actual Oxford or Cambridge British accents into to any department off the island.), or almost anyplace Australian, her accent was not one that should be allowed to dominate any English department more than a quarter click from Columbus Park. Additionally, she had a look in her eyes that could cut glass.
On balance, I’d have the woman on staff again before I’d hire the thief.

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
yea, I've noticed that often, for many,

Americans = BaD.

blblblblbl  blblblblbl
cccccccccc
blblblblbl  blblblblbl

yer not the only one....  bibibibibi
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
I think I know of whom you speak. Barely met him but heard the tales. Once made racial slurs to the gorgeous and brilliant Miss M. that about had ME out looking to kick his ass.

Guys like this are why you should always stop by the F**** G*** booths when you visit Hong Kong, and load up on the literature. Slip the goon a Mickey, stuff his pockets with pamphlets, and calmly call the cops. uuuuuuuuuu

"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Re: Specific Individual Expat Teachers You'd Like To Send Back Home- Via Catapult
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2009, 02:28:22 AM »
It appears any and all bad Canucks left the land of shinnie (hockey) and came here. I once encountered a fellow Canadian, a young lad from not too far from my home.

About 35 seconds into our conversation, he's telling me how great it is for him to be an English teacher since his only qualification is that, ahem,  

"I talk English real good!"
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
Re: Specific Individual Expat Teachers You'd Like To Send Back Home- Via Catapult
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2009, 03:03:03 AM »
Some foreigners here seem to have precisely zero consideration for locals, in particular for some of the Chinese women. I can understand wanting the girls & not wanting marriage, and all the usual male/female complications, and some cultural differences and ... but there are things I just don't understand. Two incidents that both took place in lao wai bars:

A British guy here "You're not my girlfriend. You're just somebody I'm screwing." I must admit there have been women I have thought approximately that about. I can even imagine circumstances in which I might say it to her, in private. This does not seem likely, but possible. However, this guy said this in public, in a group of mutual friends.

An American guy here visited another town and greatly enjoyed the local pink shops; apparently the girls were young, pretty, cheap and enthusiastic. I can see telling the other men about this; some of us would like to know and others might enjoy the story. I can also see telling your girlfriend about it, very much depending on the relationship. However, this bozo told the lads about it in public, with the girlfriend and other Chinese women sitting there.

Now it seems possible both guys are just jerks (I'm certain one is, but find the other a fine lad to have a beer with) and also possible they'd treat Western women just as badly.

However, I wonder if there isn't something else going on, Are some foreigners so clueless about "face" that they do not realise that causing the women involved to lose face is cruel, stupid, & unnecessary?
Who put a stop payment on my reality check?

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2009, 03:06:51 AM »
... he's telling me how great it is for him to be an English teacher since his only qualification is that, ahem, "I talk English real good!"
See also this thread http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=4035.0

Who put a stop payment on my reality check?