What's in the News

• 2873 replies
Re: What's in the News
« Reply #1740 on: July 22, 2011, 02:06:56 PM »
Urine and faeces into clean water.... aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa

I see the benefits of the idea of the magic toilet but still...I would not drink that water,,,
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1741 on: July 22, 2011, 05:18:50 PM »
ETR, try not to think too hard about how many times the water you drink in China has been flushed already. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1742 on: July 22, 2011, 05:35:40 PM »
lalalalala....not listening...lalalalala....*Jumps around room with fingers in ears*...lalalalalala...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

« Reply #1743 on: July 22, 2011, 06:46:34 PM »
On the other side of the coin:
http://www.golf-talk.co.uk/news/man-urinates-in-water-city-flushes-8m-gallons/124513535
Man urinates in water, city flushes 8M gallons

« Reply #1744 on: July 24, 2011, 07:02:49 PM »
Big train crash just reported in the foreign press.
High-speed bullet train collision in eastern China kills 35
BEIJING, CHINA — A bullet train crashed into another high-speed train that had stalled after being struck by lightning in eastern China, causing four carriages to fall off a viaduct and killing at least 35 people and injuring 191 others, state media and an official said Sunday.

It was the first derailment on China’s high-speed rail network since the country launched its bullet trains in 2007 with a top speed of 250 kilometres per hour, the China Daily reported.

The first train was travelling south from the Zhejiang provincial capital of Hangzhou when it lost power in the lightning strike and was hit from behind by the second train in Wenzhou city at 8:27 p.m. Saturday, the official Xinhua News Agency said. The second train had left Beijing and both trains were destined for Fuzhou in eastern Fujian province.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1745 on: July 25, 2011, 04:05:04 PM »
Was out at dinner with friends last night and it was all over the Chinese news.  Whatever safety systems they have to prevent this type of collision failed somehow.  No telling yet if the same lightning strike damaged them or if it was something more mundane like poor maintenance.

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1746 on: July 25, 2011, 09:57:45 PM »
All over the news these days....crazy right-wing nutjob goes to an island off the coast of Norway and shoots 92 people, oldest being 30 and the youngest being 13...he also blew up a  building in Oslo. 92 people, most of them children, He is going to be tried according to Norwegian law...a long, long time ago Norwegians and other Scandinavians practiced the use of a blood eagle on people like him...and that would still be too good for him. He shot crying children in the back as they were lying down with a machine-gun!!!

« Reply #1747 on: July 25, 2011, 10:45:40 PM »
The only thing more horrifying than his actions are his motives.

apparently trying to save Europe from Muslim domination. He's trying to perpetuate a war, and to scare people into fighting by  murdering children.

Honest to god I want this man to suffer before he dies. Really really suffer.

« Reply #1748 on: July 25, 2011, 10:55:34 PM »
See, james, that won't happen because we Scandinavians are a bunch of naive, believe-in-the-best-in-people, nampy-pampy, tree-hugging, peace-sign-waving dummmies...he'll be sentenced to maximum security life-imprisonment at some psych ward...personally, I think he should be flayed alive, slowly, and that it should be televised to everywhere.

« Reply #1749 on: July 25, 2011, 11:34:03 PM »
Even in The USA, if someone's too mentally ill to stand trial, they will never receive the death penalty. For instance the Arizona shooter from last year.

I guess the alternative is China which really doesn't have much truck with mental incapacity as a defense.

« Reply #1750 on: July 26, 2011, 02:09:09 AM »
This man has now stated that he wants to wear some sort of Nazi uniform for trial, he posted a manifesto, spent more than two years planning this...mentally ill my bottom...he is a cold-blooded, right-wing nutcase and, in his and similar cases, I think China is completely right. Shoot him, burn him and throw his ashes into a volcano, that would be a suitable punishment.

« Reply #1751 on: July 26, 2011, 04:13:27 AM »
I suspect the uniform that would fit him best has long, really long sleeves that are tied at the back. I also imagine it wouldn't be terribly hard to find doctors who would happily recommend that uniform and keep him in it for a long, long time. I wouldn't mind seeing him locked up in a high-risk psych ward, doped to the gills and kept that way for the rest of his miserable existence. Let the doctors use him as a guinea pig; let them poke, prod and test him, take him apart and put the pieces together backwards, whatever it takes to figure out what causes this particular variety of human cancer.
Which doesn't serve justice, give satisfaction to the victims' families, or do much to settle the shocked sensibilities of civilized people anywhere. It's just what I would do.

This is going to a trial, as it should. Trials aren't about venting anger; mine or anyone else's. Trials are about hearing evidence, determining causes and resposibility and culpability. Hearing evidence and passing sentence will be the easy part of this trial. Giving justice may well be impossible.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1752 on: July 26, 2011, 04:19:01 AM »
I heard that max sentence is 21 years and that he wont serve it all but will get off for good behaviour.WTF?? Now THAT is criminal. bibibibibi
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #1753 on: July 26, 2011, 04:52:48 AM »
They are actually doing something that, to the ego of this vile sub-human creature, is unendurable. They are going to keep the trial closed. See, what the mass-murderer wanted was to use the trial as some sort of political platform, to inspire other right-wing wankers. Now he does not get that...21 years, in the care of the ever-so-nice, humanitarian hands of mental health professionals...he killed 92 people!!! They should give all the family members of the victims a club, put them in a locked room with him and then go for a nice, long smoke...

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1754 on: July 26, 2011, 06:29:43 AM »
But as you say,ETR because they are mamby pamby social workers with open toed sandals over there that ain't gonna happen.He will say it's because his mummy didn't give him enough moose steaks when he was a little Naziboy or some such psychobabble.
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord