Re: This week's avatar: alternate headings
« Reply #1875 on: January 09, 2013, 12:49:21 AM »
"My God, Dexter... how did we end up here?"
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

A-Train

« Reply #1876 on: January 09, 2013, 07:05:41 AM »
Hey Cho, is that a Crip?
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1877 on: January 09, 2013, 02:04:56 PM »
If we get enough people wearing sky blue outfits, it will reflect in the atmosphere and make the sky look blue.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1878 on: January 11, 2013, 11:36:50 AM »
I don't know why we bother checking; it's always a male photographer! bibibibibi

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #1879 on: January 11, 2013, 01:21:38 PM »
I thought the east was red.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

fox

« Reply #1880 on: January 15, 2013, 11:46:52 PM »
we should keep the current picture of Raoul F duke up for minimum of 6 months. out of respect for the man who created this for us all.  A truly generous man who got a bit of a raw deal of this life, but made the most of it.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1881 on: January 16, 2013, 08:02:51 AM »
Agree,Fox good idea.  bjbjbjbjbj bjbjbjbjbj
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #1882 on: January 16, 2013, 10:23:11 AM »
I would love to see some more photos of Raoul if anyone has some.

gonzo

« Reply #1883 on: January 16, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »
we should keep the current picture of Raoul F duke up for minimum of 6 months
I'm pretty sure Phil wouldn't have wanted any sort of personality cult developing.Also, while the current avatar shows the theatrical and dramatic "Raoul", its not really Phil as people knew him. He'd be urging us to do business as usual, minus the squabbling. He told me in his last PM how much he hated this. The best sign of respect we could show would be for the forum to be healthy in ten years time. That, he would approve of!
RIP Phil Stephens.
No static at all.

AMonk

« Reply #1884 on: January 16, 2013, 01:42:35 PM »
The best sign of respect we could show would be for the forum to be healthy in ten years time. That, he would approve of!

bjbjbjbjbj Agreed agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1885 on: January 16, 2013, 01:46:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure Phil wouldn't have wanted any sort of personality cult developing.Also, while the current avatar shows the theatrical and dramatic "Raoul", its not really Phil as people knew him. He'd be urging us to do business as usual, minus the squabbling. He told me in his last PM how much he hated this. The best sign of respect we could show would be for the forum to be healthy in ten years time. That, he would approve of!

In yet another sign of the apocalypse, I find myself in total agreement with Gonzo. aoaoaoaoao

Please give the mods and admins a few days.  We promise that Raoul's memory will be well taken care of.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

fox

« Reply #1886 on: January 16, 2013, 05:47:01 PM »
a decision best made by those who knew him personally methinks.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

« Reply #1887 on: January 16, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »

I agree 100%. This place will always be "Raoul's" China Saloon, and it will be a memorial to him no matter what picture is on the front page. While this has been shocking and heartbreaking for us all, we need to try and keep the Saloon going as normally as possible. It is what he'd have wanted.

And, as EL said, the staff is working on a way to properly memorialize Raoul and I am sure you will all be pleased with the outcome. :)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #1888 on: January 16, 2013, 11:14:07 PM »
Agree. Raoul would not have wanted his ugly mug plastered on the front page for any length of time. On the other hand, Granny Mae would like to see other pics of Raoul, outside of fancy dress, but methinks they should be placed in The Memorial Garden. Post 'em if ya gots 'em! I will, but I gots to find them first.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #1889 on: January 16, 2013, 11:20:37 PM »
Agree. Raoul would not have wanted his ugly mug plastered on the front page for any length of time. On the other hand, Granny Mae would like to see other pics of Raoul, outside of fancy dress, but methinks they should be placed in The Memorial Garden. Post 'em if ya gots 'em! I will, but I gots to find them first.

I was able to put some slightly alarming faces to names by looking at the photos on the old site that someone posted a link to.

Many of them were of one of the annual Suzhou gatherings. I feel a bit like somone who was born too late to see The Beatles live; if 'seeing The Beatles Live' was a euphemism for weekends of excessive drinking with saloonies.