Guilin Substance

• 4 replies
Guilin Substance
« on: February 08, 2015, 07:30:45 AM »
Here's some photos from around Guilin circa 2009-2010. There's nothing particularly spectacular. I had planned on captioning them, but instead decided to let your imaginations do the captioning.

Re: Guilin Substance
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 02:00:05 PM »
Thanks Ricardo! That place really looks bleak. Do you know the story about killing birds in the 4th photo?

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 08:35:54 PM »
I'm not sure what was killing the birds. I saw this woman a few times protesting different things. Some students claimed she was mentally ill.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 02:49:57 AM »

My favourite kind of street in China. assuming restaurants of course, and not knocking shops.

My feeling is simple restaurants are disappearing in China. They certainly are around where I am. They're being replaced by more prepared food places and larger joints with 60 tables rather than six. Certainly, it represents people getting richer. But it's honestly less fun.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 08:16:05 PM »

My favourite kind of street in China. assuming restaurants of course, and not knocking shops.

My feeling is simple restaurants are disappearing in China. They certainly are around where I am. They're being replaced by more prepared food places and larger joints with 60 tables rather than six. Certainly, it represents people getting richer. But it's honestly less fun.

Those prepared food joints are rubbish and the food is stale. Love me some dirt road restaurants. This particular location was well outside of town. When I get back to China, I'm going straight to the country side.