How Do PU Letters Work? Which Schools Give?

• 2 replies

Ivyman

How Do PU Letters Work? Which Schools Give?
« on: March 17, 2021, 03:41:09 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Let me thank you for always being a supportive forum.  You all do a much better job than ESLCafe, etc.

Anyway, many teachers from South Africa, Pakistan, etc. want to come back to China.  Many are quite skilled, and I want to help them.

Of course, they need PU letters.  How to get it?

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: How Do PU Letters Work? Which Schools Give?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 04:38:26 PM »
I ran a quick search on the subject.  It looks like the FAO at the place doing the hiring is the one who needs to issue the PU letter. Since the FAO is supposed to issue all the other paperwork needed from the Chinese side for a visa, this makes sense.

So, step one is to get the applicants through the initial screening process so that the school will want to hire them.  After that, it's up to the FAO to prepare the needed paperwork from the school's side.

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
Re: How Do PU Letters Work? Which Schools Give?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 02:59:16 PM »
What EL said..
Thing is, at the moment, not every company can issue one as far as i understand. It is tied to certifiable need that can't be met by local hires.
Random english mill has no chance in hell but a uni or public school that provides the good ole foreign expert certificate is all set.

Again, these things will be changing with every new development of covid-realities.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com