"Green" Health Code for travelling in China

• 3 replies
"Green" Health Code for travelling in China
« on: July 23, 2020, 06:16:31 PM »
Anyone know how to do it? Is it still needed? Do you need the national version or will some local version suffice?

I've found just the one how to:

Health Code for Foreigners in China: Step by Step guide
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: "Green" Health Code for travelling in China
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 09:36:32 PM »
First, get your green QR code.  Take a screenshot and keep it handy.  What happens next is variable.

Express train arriving in Hunan - scan another QR and get a green arrow.  Take a screenshot and keep it handy.  Then get pulled aside for "foreigner paperwork.

Show your ID.  Show green QR.  Show green arrow.  If you skipped those screenshots, you'll be getting them again.  I had by bardcode screenshotted, but didn't anticipate they'd need the green arrow 3 times.

Then get stopped at a toll booth and repeat.

Coming back to DG by Express train.  Walk out of the station like it's 2019.  If there had been a wild case anywhere near the train's route, it would have been more like the Hunan end, if not more complicated.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 05:10:58 AM »
Which code though?

There's at least one national one. The one for "travellers" - aka foreigners - is... the same but English language, I think.

And then there's a myriad of local codes that are... different?

As far as I can tell they're all based on phone location data plus whatever extra info you choose to input, like, past test results n... stuff? The local codes use local health system info, I think.

The people here - Hunan - are claiming the Hunan app is good for national travel, but none of them, as far as I know, have tested that yet.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 08:07:17 PM »
As I understand it, you need to go to the correct place to get the local code (two separate people fwded a link to me, one worked, one didn't).  That will require name, passport number, phone number, and maybe some other critical info (like your favorite flavor of ramen and how much baijiu is required to put you under the table).  Contact the local entry/exit bureau - they should be able to provide the correct link or else hook you up with someone who can.

You'll get a text message - you have to enter the code.  If all goes well you will then have a magic green QR code.

On the other end of any planned trip, you may end up exiting normally, or you may have to scan another QR code and get another text message with a code you need to enter.  If that works, you get a magic green arrow.  At that point, you may or may not get pulled out of the line for more info to be taken.

Oh, almost forgot.  Local PSB dropped by my hotel and took photos of my green QR and green arrow.  No idea how common this is.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com