4 weeks of total self-quarantine going to China from England?

• 6 replies
4 weeks of total self-quarantine going to China from England?
« on: December 22, 2020, 07:18:14 AM »
Hi guys,

I've been on the verge of going for a new contract at my old uni in China, having been home in England since '18.  The admin lady has been telling me, however, that she believes going to China now from England would involve 2 weeks of self-funded hotel isolation on arrival in CN, and then a further 2 weeks upon arrival in the city (Xi'an).  4 weeks is a bit of a deal-breaker for me...  I'd like to confirm this fully.  Have you heard the same thing?  I haven't been able to find confirmation anywhere else online.  Any pointers would be much appreciated!  Thanks

Re: 4 weeks of total self-quarantine going to China from England?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 05:21:54 PM »
China Airlines appears to be saying various version of you do 14 days quarantine at a centralised provincial facility probably at your own expense when you first land.

https://www.china-airlines.com/nz/en/discover/news/travel-advisory/Immigration-Information

But as to what happens after inter-provincial travel, I don't know.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 06:20:26 PM »
2 weeks is definitely going to happen, unless exemptions start getting granted for people who are vaccinated.

Reports I've heard say there is a possibility of 1-2 additional weeks at the destination if that's not near your point of entry.  This seems to vary a lot, so someone would need to check with the health authorities at the destination city to be sure.  Or, see if there's ANY way possible to fly directly to the destination city without changing planes inside of China.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 01:10:12 PM »
Very interesting, thanks a lot guys.  Am I right in understanding this so far:  If I took a flight either direct or stopping in another country first (e.g. Amsterdam) to Xi'an, it would likely be just 2 weeks quarantine?

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 05:25:09 PM »
There are no absolute guarantees, since this is a dynamic situation, but yes, I think entering China via Xi'an should only get you a single round of quarantine in Xi'an.  Having someone directly contact the airport authority and the entry/exit bureau there should get you a confirmation of the current policy.

Check with the airport where you change planes.  That country might start holding transfer passengers for quarantines.  Probably not, but we live in interesting times.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 06:19:56 AM »
Very good suggestions, cheers buddy

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 06:12:11 PM »
Let us know what you find out.  When you get here, a "My Quarantine" thread would be great.  agagagagag
EscapedLunatic.com