Mosquitoes

• 11 replies
Mosquitoes
« on: May 23, 2007, 01:52:55 AM »
Sitting here just now, I got nailed for the first time of the year.   asasasasas  Bastard didn't get away, at least. ayayayayay

I'm already getting reports around town that they're here in force, carrying away livestock and small children.  They ate me alive lst year.

I hatesss them, precioussss... llllllllll
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
Re: Mosquitoes
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 01:59:45 AM »
I've become fodder for them the past few days ... grrr I hates mosquitoes
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

Ruth

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 02:54:33 AM »
They've been here in force since early March.  Maybe they never go away this far south. My uni has lots and lots of ponds, perfect for mosquito breeding.

When I was a little girl I always wanted a canopy bed.  Now I have one.  Our mosquito net is suspended from the wall at the head of the bed and I am draped in lovely lace every night.  Little buggers still manage to find their way in though.  We have taken to sleeping with what we call THE WEAPON, something no home should be without.  I believe it was our esteemed leader Raoul who first suggested the tennis racket zapper.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 03:40:31 AM »
The stuff in the green bottles is good, as are the mozzie zappers for night sleeping.  I don't like nets - they cut off too much air and it's too damned hot already!

Ruth

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 01:34:40 PM »
In our new home we are blessed with an air con in the bedroom.  What a treat for sleeping.  Admittedly, the net is a nuisance to get in and out of, and the alarm rings a long time while I grope my way through the net to shut it off (at least it wakes me up!, but my 'canopy' is so beautiful and it keeps most of the skeeters out.  I hate it when my sleep is interupted by those little dive bombers.  How can such a little critter make such a loud noise?
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 10:40:44 PM »
I can't hear them in China.  They buzz at a frequency I can no longer hear.  This is good and bad.  Get bitten more but don't hear the dive bombing.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 01:49:51 AM »
No mozzies up here yet.... bfbfbfbfbf
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 03:00:38 AM »
Three bites last night.  Never did see or hear the blighter.  llllllllll  Woke me up with the itching though  asasasasas

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 03:03:39 AM »
Eeek! I do not look forward to their arrival at all. aoaoaoaoao
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 02:31:04 AM »
No bananas huh?  I will have to try that - but damn I love bananas.  As for lavendar - well, I don't know.  We'll see.  I can just imagine what the guys will say when I come waltzing in smelling like a flower garden.  Seriously, will have to check it out back in Canada.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

Vegemite

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 04:24:28 PM »
Eat vegemite - that works as well, it keeps them away. They know it's so healthy and has way too much vitamin B for them so they fly away at the first whiff.

And no mossies up here yet, either. And when they do come, they're small and only appear at night - a real boon.

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 02:47:13 AM »
I eat garlic.  I think my mosquitoes like garlic, and beer and peanut butter and and  asasasasas