2008 Midi Music Festival

• 16 replies
Re: 2008 Midi Music Festival
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 08:28:48 PM »
Interesting post about it here

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/beijing/archive/2008/04/22/chinese-rock-fest-harmonized.aspx

Looks like it may happen for Oct 1st

And another positive, they have stopped celine Dion from coming to. Sorry Noles ahahahahah
The future's so bright i gotta wear shades

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
Re: 2008 Midi Music Festival
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 02:51:30 PM »
 Good article Noodles. I figured the whole T thing had a lot to do with it. It's tense here now. Anyone else see large groups of students walking around in shirts that say "T Always Has Been, And Always Will Be Part of China?"

Rock in China is reporting there will definitely be a Midi Festival in October, though you never know. If the Olympics turn out to be a disaster, we could see a lot less of these types of events. In the meantime, the Midi School of Music is hosting a mini-festival from May 1-3 from 3 PM to 11 PM. Two stages of music, games, a flea market and possibly a BBQ. Admission is free. Probably worth checking out.

Also, Haidian is ground zero for the Olympics, so the police are probably quite busy training in ways to crush dissent without looking bad on camera. Usually the Haidian police spend most of their time hunting down Some Black Guy and extorting bribes for residence permits, so I can understand how having to do anything more complicated may be quite confusing for them.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 03:19:46 PM by decurso »