The view out my window
« on: June 30, 2015, 12:38:46 AM »

when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Re: The view out my window
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 11:56:44 AM »
Thanks Calach! Really lovely and relaxing. bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:20:04 PM »
The camera seems never to catch quite what I see. IRL across the lake is closer, but in the pics everything always seems further away. So I have lots of snaps that just don't seem right. But I have to try. At this time of year with winds from the south and the occassional torrent of rain, the sky clears out. You can look across the lake and literally make out people moving about. It's a new phenomenon, I think, and started a few years back. Normally, looking into the distance, all you see is haze.

For the technical minded, the camera is none other than just my Nexus 5 phone running Google camera. The first two pics are deliberately overexposed. (Google Camera offers two preset points of over and under exposure both, and the first two pics used the setting "+2".) The last pic was, as I recall, acheived wth what the goocam calls HDR+. Normal exposure at night is a whole lot blacker than anything I see with my own eyes.

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 08:17:12 PM »
Nice. All I can see is the wall of the other wing of my faculty apartment building across the courtyard refuse collection quadrangle.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 08:34:21 PM »
I haven't ever asked anyone directly about this, but just from looking around at who's here and who isn't, seems to me my building is for lower rank members of staff. I know one teacher down the row who exclaimed once all the other buildings hold larger apartments and are more expensive to get into. Weird thing about that is all those buildings have as views is other buildings.

Meanwhile, one of these days I will correct the list to starboard that afflicts my phototaking. I even use those photo framing lines on the screen when snapping, but it always happens, the horizon always comes out tipped ever so slightly to the right.

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 03:56:50 AM »
Hold your beer in you left hand.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 12:30:44 AM »
Lol. Well sure. Except...

"The view out my window" is captured by pressing the phone to the bars or holding it outside. That and juggling beer is a recipe for ohnoes.

*sigh*. It used to be there were no bars. Then someone got burgled and now we live in cages.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 01:57:41 PM »
Thank goodness you explained that Calach! I thought that you were in Prison. ahahahahah

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 06:56:33 PM »
Yeah, the bars are odd. They're on nearly every window on nearly every apartment on nearly every building. They're all over the city. I suppose they're all over the country too. You get used to them, but they are a blight. And weird too.