Found Great Website for Novice ESL Teachers; Anything Else?

• 2 replies

Ivyman

Found Great Website for Novice ESL Teachers; Anything Else?
« on: November 28, 2022, 06:59:10 AM »
Hi Everyone,

We know China's ESL market is perhaps the largest in the world.

Yes, we are all qualified and eager to do things besides ESL teaching; but, the sheer demand for ESL teachers in China is what makes us perpetually employable.

Still, how do we know how to do great ESL teaching?

Even with my CELTA, I ask myself that question, as it seems less clear than something like math teaching.

I recently found one such free site that explains the basics of English teaching well, and comprehensively : https://www.eltconcourse.com/training/courses/basic/introduction_basic.html

Can anyone beat me, by finding a better website?

In basic physics, science, and research it seems the very cardinal, irrefutable rules are hard to come by. We are still discovering.

For teaching and learning, it still seems so. The only thing I can tell my students is, practice each day, like training for a marathon or climb Mt. Everest: (1) know where you are starting from, (2) know where you want to go, (3) chart a course, and (4) do not be lazy, and (5) do not over-exert yourself.

AMonk

Re: Found Great Website for Novice ESL Teachers; Anything Else?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 01:45:30 AM »
Great site find. agagagagag

Also, look into the Teacher Tips room.  Many very good pieces of advice are to be found there, as well as a plethora of resources recommendations.  Even if some are a wee bit dated, you can still glean a gem or two. bjbjbjbjbj
Moderation....in most things...

Ivyman

Re: Found Great Website for Novice ESL Teachers; Anything Else?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 09:00:23 AM »
Very good. Thanks for the info.

I appreicate this great forum with you, Escaped Lunatic, and a few others.

I wish there were a few more.