Mission: Second Honeymoon

• 26 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Mission: Second Honeymoon
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 01:19:34 AM »
Day 10:  Our return, Flying in style, and the Return of an old friend.

Wake up was a painfully early 6:30 am. ananananan  There was a morning fog on the river that let me take a couple of really good pics of the large bridge upriver of the hotel.

A quick breakfast and the last few items got shoved into the suitcases.

My darling had found the number of a very helpful driver while reading hotel reviews.  He'd been scheduled to collect us at 7:30.  It was getting close to 8 and there was no sign of him.  I speculated that he was across the bridge waiting for us and we were sitting in the hotel hoping he'd help with the luggage (and was mentioned in the review).  After some initial snarling at me for being silly, my lovely wife decided to check.  Yes, the driver was sitting across the river.  He was more than happy to come to the hotel, but since that hadn't been specifically requested, he was waiting by the car.

With the extra bag, his slightly delayed help was deeply appreciated.

The trip back to Tongren was great.  It was bright and sunny.  Something that my lovely wife (who had read up on tons of things about the Feng Huang area) had never mentioned to me was "The Southern Great Wall".  I did manage to get some photos as we sped past some of it.  One more item for the next visit.

I also got a few half-decent pics of some of the buildings we'd driven past in the dark on the way in (and quite a few where the item I was attempting to photograph had just exited the frame llllllllll).  It looks like there's plenty left to explore.

Since it was our second honeymoon and only cost a modest amount more (probably due to the shortness of the flight), we flew first class on the way back.  Compared to the big airliners, it was closer to business class in terms of seats, but there was a lot more room and all the free apple juice we could drink.

I was amused and pleased to find our driver from the airport to home was Captain Slow.  He's the one who drove us to the Chapel Dongguan Civil Affairs Bureau of Love Harmonious Family Relationships (twice!) on our wedding day. agagagagag

We had lunch on the way home.  Spicy tofu, Hunan style. ahahahahah

I was pleased that the house appeared undamaged by the typhoon.  A few unused plastic pots had been blown around the roof and a one of my loofa plants had died.  Most of the other plants seemed pretty happy.  Two that had partly fallen over needed to be propped back up.  Both are recovering nicely.

I think we need a couple weeks off to rest up after our vacation. ahahahahah agagagagag ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

George

• My view of China
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 10:17:32 AM »
That is all very well and good, El, but where are all the pictures you allegedly took?
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 01:08:42 PM »
Thanks for taking me on your trip EL bfbfbfbfbf I'll need a few days to rest as well. How come you are such a patient man? I always reckon that with six brothers, I just inherited the masculine characteristic of impatience. Hope everyone appreciates the gifts you are carting for them. So that is Mission:Second Honeymoon accomplished! bfbfbfbfbf :dancemj: :candyraver: bhbhbhbhbh

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 04:07:14 PM »
That is all very well and good, El, but where are all the pictures you allegedly took?

The ones that my lovely wife will let me post (about 900 of the total) are awaiting me finally getting around to getting EscapedLunatic.com set up.  I'm plotting to redo the wedding and both honeymoon blogs there in photo-illustrated formats.

Thanks for taking me on your trip EL bfbfbfbfbf

If I'd really taken you along, there would have been a lot less time for shopping. afafafafaf

I'll need a few days to rest as well. How come you are such a patient man?

My wife beats me if I show any signs of impatience. cbcbcbcbcb
axaxaxaxax
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 11:23:23 PM »
Mission: Second Honeymoon, the photographic edition is now complete!

A few less typos, a few more details, plus LOTS AND LOTS of photos!

http://escapedlunatic.com/lunatic-love-romance-china/mission-second-honeymoon/

EscapedLunatic.com

rattie

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2016, 04:48:33 AM »
That was a great read, lovely pics too, thanks for sharing  bfbfbfbfbf

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2016, 04:55:07 PM »
For those who haven't read it yet, please let me assure you that it's not just pics of me and my lovely wife.  I also made sure to include pics of many very nice Chinese girls. ajajajajaj
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 12:18:24 AM »
Avidly read your adventurous account bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf 

I noticed that many of the people/children look as if they might be Bermudian: a phenomenon that Hubby and I marveled at when we visited in 2008. 
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 05:21:53 AM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:50:27 AM by Isidnar »

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 04:14:22 PM »
I spotted someone from Bermuda in the activity on the blog and guessed that probably was AMonk.  agagagagag

A second honeymoon?

Shouldn't there be different names as with wedding anniversaries?

I propose the molassesmoon. ahahahahah ahahahahah

axaxaxaxax

Not a bad idea.  Have to think about that before the 3rd honeymoon. ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 11:39:55 AM »
EL, I'm exhausted just trying to read and absorb all this. Lovely photos. bfbfbfbfbf  agagagagag

AMonk

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 02:51:26 PM »
I spotted someone from Bermuda in the activity on the blog and guessed that probably was AMonk.  agagagagag

Yes.  bjbjbjbjbj That was me  agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...