What's the Best Deal on Drinking Water?

• 2 replies

Ivyman

What's the Best Deal on Drinking Water?
« on: December 16, 2021, 04:27:08 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Getting back into exercise, I am drinking more fresh water.

1.  Before we get started, if you have ever been to Switzerland, Austria, New Zealand, or some other countries, you must try their tap water.  They pride themselves on tap water tasting better than most bottled waters, and it is true.  I could not believe it until I tried it.

2.  Onto the point...where is the best place in China to get drinkable water?

a.  I know, I could just boil tap water in a teakettle.  But, that does not taste good?

b.  Getting one of those 20 liter bottles on loan?

c.  Buying one of those water filtration services?

d.  Any specific company, WeChat ID, etc. that has proven themselves?

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: What's the Best Deal on Drinking Water?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 04:08:39 PM »
Boiled water should be reasonably safe in most places, but taste will likely vary.

The big bottles can be done by independent companies, but many are franchises.  When things got strange in early 2020, my water guy got stuck in his hometown, but I found another franchise of the same company so I didn't have to worry about any surprising taste changes.

More recently, my wife decided to change to an under-sink filtration system.  This involved some rough calculations of how often filters (expensive!) needed replacing vs how many bottles of water we typically used.  It looks like the one she selected will pay for itself after about 18 months or so.

If you don't want to sink money into  filter, first, check to see what brands deliver in your area and what the prices are.  Some of these even have smaller bottles available in grocery stores, so you can buy a 500 ml bottle to test them out.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Ivyman

Re: What's the Best Deal on Drinking Water?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 07:09:16 PM »
Thanks.  I guess I need some more exploring, both online and in-person, for Beijing water suppliers.