Do NOT work for the Gallop International English School in Xi'an, Shaanxi!

• 55 replies
Re: Do NOT work for the Gallop International English School in Xi'an, Shaanxi!
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 03:27:28 AM »
Looks pretty standard to me, and it appears that he "has" the audience. No easy trick.
My classes are a lot smaller and not as well run, to be honest.

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 04:04:59 AM »
The Adam and Katherine unintentional comedy routine, with editing help from RD, has filled my evening with happiness and laughter.
They specially arranged Vivi to help me with my living things .
  I have a living thing Vivi can take care of.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 10:09:05 AM »
Oh, BeHAAAAVE. afafafafaf ahahahahah

"Katherine Wales" from "Newton South" is an interesting bunch of names to make up.  I suspect there might be a real Katherine Wales somewhere abroad in the world.

Well, there is...at LEAST one. The one I found is an artist, with a BFA in Art Education among other degrees. Her resume, mercifully with no personal contact data, can be seen online. She seems to be based out of the Boston area, which has a major suburb named "Newton", which in turn has a famous high school named "Newton South".

What's even more interesting is that "Adam"'s info, among what was sent directly to me, indicated a full name of "Adam Wales". And I have little doubt that if I had not intercepted their third addition, "Peter", in time, his name would have turned out to be "Peter Wales". bibibibibi

What all this tells me is that these Gallop or Gallup people are not only incredibly stupid and mind-bogglingly dishonest, but they also have absolutely NO imagination whatsoever when it comes to assigning people phony Western surnames. ahahahahah
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 10:17:54 AM by Raoul Duke »
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 04:22:49 AM »
Believe it or not, these Bozoons are still trying to infiltrate us. bibibibibi

In many possible permutations of searching Yahoo, Google etc. for them, our review comes up very high...or in some cases FIRST, even before their own website. ahahahahah

This is obviously having an impact on this dogmeat school, and it's obviously driving them crazy. pppppppppp

If you have a website or blog, you can help! Consider putting up the link to this thread ( http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=1021.0 ) somewhere on your site, and let the spiders weave their magic. bjbjbjbjbj
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 04:52:48 PM »
Hello,

My name is Ferderik Wales.  I from the USA and have master degree in english from University of Harvard and Yale.  I spend 3 great years teaching at this super wonderful job place called Gallop International English School.  Please trust them and sign contract now.

Contract term are very good.  I get my own bed in dorm with 7 other teachers, so never lonely.  They give 2 bowls of rice and 37 rmb monies each day I teach.  Office opens at 6:30 in morning and closes at 11 each night, 7 days every week.  Am allowed 1 whole day off per month plus 2 days for Spring festval.  Only have to teach 12 classes per day.  Rest of time in office exept for 20 minute lunch and dinner break.  Class size very small, less that 300 students in most classes.

Location very good.  Only 2 hours walk to nearest bus stop.

I promise they not realy trick foriegn teachers and steal kidneys or liver.  They never chain teachers in basement beat them too hard.  No teachers ever died there in last 6 weeks.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2011, 01:42:47 PM »
Thanks for your post, Mum.

2 questions come to mind.

1. When did you work there?

2. I appreciate that you are 'qualified' only to write about your own individual experiences, but how do you feel other teachers were treated.

From the initial posts it seems that the core of the accusations is that the owner is basically a bully; (and other things) but it's the way of the world tha bullies don't bully everybody. As a matter of fact they inevitably need a few sidekicks. I'm not saying you're the sidekick; I'm just asking you for an honest appraisal of how all teachers were treated.

Given the fact that folk might travel to China at financial cost and put their fate in the hands of this school for a year, do you honestly, hand on heart, recommend this school.

Of course every school is going to occasionally have the misfortune of a new teacher being a complete waste of space and troublemaker, and as you correctly point out, you're the only current poster who's worked there. We've all worked in other places though, and we've all seen the different ways that managers deal with bad staff and problems, and there are patterns. Honestly, every prior post on this thread gives the impression that the management may be nice if you keep on their good side, but if you cross them they will lie, cheat and bully because they think that they have the power to get away with it. Unfortunately for them (maybe) once you've employed dishonesty, people are going to be skeptical about everything afterwards. You do sound like a decent person, but paying someone to write a nice review is exactly what this kind of management would do.

Still, as I said at the start, it is nice to hear both sides of the story. I realise that this sounds as though I'm calling you a liar, but I'm really not, (just tentatively acknowledging the vague possibility), so as that was your first post, it would be nice to hear more about you.

Did you stay in the locality or China after you left the school? Where are you from, dude? (That's the name of a thread I think, as presumably from your usename you're not an actual dude).

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2011, 04:02:08 PM »
Mum, there are always going to be people who luck out and have a decent experience working for a school with a bad reputation. Often schools don't show their true colors until you do something to "cross" them. Some people never get that opportunity, and others will gladly allow a school to cheat them because they don't know any better. I'm not saying you fit into either of those categories, and I think you're being sincere here and thank you for the other perspective. Unfortunately for Gallop, a positive review here and there does very little to negate the overwhelming negativity surrounding this school. That sort of reputation doesn't just appear out of nowhere, even providing for the occasional deadbeat and misfit the school may have had the misfortune of hiring.

It is always nice to hear from the other side though and thanks for sharing.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2011, 10:40:47 PM »
Many apologies, but Mum's posts are deleted...as is Mum. ayayayayay

Mum was not just a semi-disinterested former(?) teacher, as it might appear. He is yet another in a series of recent infiltration attempts made by Gallop to try and excuse away their track record and their behavior on this forum.

This person was directly warned back in JANUARY 2011 not to try to come on and pimp Gallop.
He said absolutely nothing for 10 months, then suddenly emerged...to come on and pimp Gallop. bibibibibi asasasasas

Thank goodness for good membership-conversation records...they let me see a lot of behind-the-scenes machinery for what it really is.

This is yet another piece of evidence for how dishonest and desperate this dogmeat school really is. AVOID Gallop International English School in Xi'an! oooooooooo

Borkya

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2011, 01:19:27 AM »
This is yet another piece of evidence for how dishonest and desperate this dogmeat school really is. AVOID Gallop International English School in Xi'an! oooooooooo

And THIS is yet another piece of evidence on why I love and trust the saloon so much.  akakakakak

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2011, 05:41:45 AM »

The sad thing is I thought that the moment I read the opening line of the now deleted post.  This probably sounds very cyncial, but I always tend to cast doubt over 'single issue posters', those that join to write rave reviews about a school seem to be stooges, and those that join and post the same scathing attack on a school on every available China forum seem to be disgruntled ex-employees that were shown the door.

That's not cynicism, it's experience.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »
...those that join and post the same scathing attack on a school on every available China forum seem to be disgruntled ex-employees that were shown the door.

Don't be so sure. That is sometimes the case but I often advise people to, when a school behaves dishonestly towards them, make as much noise as possible in as many places as possible. Sometimes noise is your best weapon; sometimes it's your ONLY weapon.

If you don't think what we write here can have an impact on a bad school, just look at how much energy Gallop Int'l has expended trying to neutralize The Saloon's coverage of them. ahahahahah

George

• My view of China
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2011, 10:44:51 PM »
This probably sounds very cyncial, but I always tend to cast doubt over 'single issue posters', those that join to write rave reviews about a school seem to be stooges,
Raoul, you missed the first bit of Slim's post.
He tends to both sides of a story.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2011, 10:41:36 PM »
Raoul, you missed the first bit of Slim's post.
He tends to both sides of a story.

Not at all, Gerge, and he does.
I simply took no issue at all with the first bit of his post. bjbjbjbjbj
Now, don't you have a playground to lurk? ahahahahah

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2011, 02:38:12 AM »
Meanwhile, just so's ya know, Mum is screaming about "honesty" via e-mail on one hand while trying to sneak back on under an alias on the other hand.

Take the hint, Gallop International: WE AIN'T STUPID. kkkkkkkkkk bibibibibi
And your underhanded attempts to infiltrate us are not only not going to work, they're going to come back and bite you on your spotty, hairless, reeking, utterly dishonest ass. asasasasas

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2011, 03:06:24 AM »
Interesting choice of username too.

Yeah, especially given that "Mum" is male. What kind of guy goes around as "Mum?" mmmmmmmmmm

No no, don't tell me. I don't want to know. oooooooooo kkkkkkkkkk