Weather Check

• 1321 replies
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #825 on: April 13, 2010, 02:22:44 PM »
Overnight we have had our heaviest snowfall of this "snow" season.  I say snow season because the middle of April is not really still winter, and we had almost a week of weather which felt and looked more like spring, and all the snow had melted, and now though not any where near as cold it looks like winter - actually it looks like more snow on the ground than we had at any point in winter. I had to wait this morning for them to dig a path to get out of our building and down a few steps.  It redefines changeable weather.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #826 on: April 14, 2010, 05:06:28 AM »
Overnight we have had our heaviest snowfall of this "snow" season.  I say snow season because the middle of April is not really still winter, and we had almost a week of weather which felt and looked more like spring, and all the snow had melted, and now though not any where near as cold it looks like winter - actually it looks like more snow on the ground than we had at any point in winter. I had to wait this morning for them to dig a path to get out of our building and down a few steps.  It redefines changeable weather.
I've been here in Harbin for over 3 years and this was the heaviest single snow fall I have ever seen. I love it.  akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak

« Reply #827 on: April 14, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »
I've been here in Harbin for over 3 years and this was the heaviest single snow fall I have ever seen. I love it.  akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak
According to a couple of Chinese English teachers at my University who have lived here all their lives I spoke to yesterday it is around 27 years since Harbin had a snow fall like this one. None of my students I taught yesterday that grew up here can remember anything like it so that would make it more than 20 years.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

Ruth

« Reply #828 on: April 14, 2010, 02:07:35 PM »
Saw your snow on the news this morning.  You're welcome to it.  They interviewed a bus driver who recommended people stay at home.  Said it took him 4 hours to do one complete circuit of his run that usually takes him 45 minutes.

My memories of spring snow are that it's the wet, packing kind.  Perfect for making snowmen and having snowball fights.  Get out there and enjoy it.

Meanwhile, hot and steamy two days ago here in Dongguan has brought us the milder spring temps of 20-22 today.  Not a flake of snow in sight  ahahahahah
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #829 on: April 14, 2010, 04:33:51 PM »
Dear Ruth,

I hope you take this in the way it is intended,

BITE ME  ahahahahah I'm freezing my ass
and I don't mean my donkey
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #830 on: April 16, 2010, 08:17:25 PM »
Now it's plunged to a frigid 19 degrees here in Dongguan.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Ruth

« Reply #831 on: April 16, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »
yup, had to forego shorts for long pants again.

Day Dreamer - you can get me back when I'm melting later this summer.

« Reply #832 on: April 17, 2010, 12:03:20 AM »
Frigid 19 degrees? You guys suck! Up here in Beijing we've only seen one 20+ day so far this year. Today it was 15 and I was excited about how warm it was.

« Reply #833 on: April 17, 2010, 01:09:58 AM »

I must say I agree with Local Dialect on this one.  In Harbin today we had a sunny and warm 8C day.  Our warmest day so far has been 12C and we have had one night that did not get below 0C.  The day we get to 19C will not be described as frigid. After the winter we have just had I think my definition of frigid would be below -30C.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #834 on: April 22, 2010, 12:06:50 AM »
Back from jackets to working in my underwear again.  I'd like a little more Springtime before the summer heat arrives.
EscapedLunatic.com

Ruth

« Reply #835 on: April 22, 2010, 03:10:28 AM »
You're in the wrong part of the county, EL.  Spring is over.  The weather here between May holiday and October holiday can be pretty much classified as 'too stinking hot to bear leaving the room with AC".

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #836 on: April 22, 2010, 06:43:33 AM »
it sucks here too, it's still grey and rainy

my life has been grey, cold and rainy for the last 6 months :(

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #837 on: April 23, 2010, 03:41:53 PM »
You're in the wrong part of the county, EL.  Spring is over.  The weather here between May holiday and October holiday can be pretty much classified as 'too stinking hot to bear leaving the room with AC".

I've got connections at the People's Weather Bureau.  Springtime conditions have been restored for a few more days.  ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #838 on: April 23, 2010, 04:28:04 PM »
it sucks here too, it's still grey and rainy

my life has been grey, cold and rainy for the last 6 months :(

Come up here if you want a change in things. Next winter, your life will be grey, cold and snowy for the next 6 months
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Ruth

« Reply #839 on: April 24, 2010, 02:34:07 AM »
I've got connections at the People's Weather Bureau.  Springtime conditions have been restored for a few more days. 
I'm glad you've got connections.  Today was just about perfect.  The ferocious storm yesterday took away all the humidity and made the skies blue.  How much do I have to pay your guys at the weather bureau to keep this kind of weather for awhile?