Re: Weather Check
« Reply #465 on: August 31, 2008, 05:49:27 PM »
I think that last character is off Lotus - 蓝天白云

Changsha been nice and cool. We get that almost 3 days a year.  bfbfbfbfbf

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #466 on: August 31, 2008, 11:19:43 PM »
 It's been a beautiful summer in Beijing. Low to mid thirties almost every day and only a few major rain storms. Blue skies most every day thanks to restrictions imposed by the Olympics.

But a few days ago the temperature seemed to drop by about ten degrees. It does seem to be getting dark just a littleearlier. I chose pants over shirts for the first time in months and the girls are putting away their mini-skirts for another year. The campus is once again a bustle of student activity.

Summer is over. ananananan

« Reply #467 on: August 31, 2008, 11:33:55 PM »
Started raining around 10PM last night.  Has been raining heavy all day.  Weather on computer said it would stop and 12, at 12 it said 2 etc.  Still raining.  llllllllll llllllllll
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #468 on: September 01, 2008, 12:58:16 AM »
It's been a beautiful summer in Beijing. Low to mid thirties almost every day and only a few major rain storms. Blue skies most every day thanks to restrictions imposed by the Olympics.

But a few days ago the temperature seemed to drop by about ten degrees. It does seem to be getting dark just a littleearlier. I chose pants over shirts for the first time in months and the girls are putting away their mini-skirts for another year. The campus is once again a bustle of student activity.

Summer is over. ananananan

People in Beijing dress according to the weather? Wow, 好奇怪. Here we do it the proper way - according to the date.

old34

« Reply #469 on: September 01, 2008, 01:53:14 AM »
People in Beijing dress according to the weather? Wow, 好奇怪. Here we do it the proper way - according to the date.

Right. And tomorrow's Labor Day/Labour Day (US/Canada). So back in the closet with those white pumps for you, Stil.

cf. http://ask.yahoo.com/20020913.html
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

« Reply #470 on: September 01, 2008, 02:04:56 AM »
I'm in England and it's cold, cloudy and rainy. Love it... for now.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #471 on: September 01, 2008, 04:00:31 AM »
You can't get me out the white pumps so easy Old34. Gonna have to buy me dinner first.

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #472 on: September 01, 2008, 04:19:43 AM »
 I wrote a weather check today only to have the Bank of China's security  throw me out the door! bpbpbpbpbp
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami

George

• My view of China
« Reply #473 on: September 01, 2008, 11:32:23 AM »
Must have been a rain check. bpbpbpbpbp
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Ruth

« Reply #474 on: September 01, 2008, 02:59:59 PM »
Not quite so steamy here in Dongguan, although temps hover around 30 and one gets dripping wet just doing anything that involves exertion, such as walking to class.

AMonk, how's your weather with Hanna approaching?  Take care.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

AMonk

« Reply #475 on: September 01, 2008, 10:10:41 PM »
Our weather is fine, Ruth.  Thanks for asking.  Temps between 22*C (nites) and 28*C(days) with humidity around 85% 

Hanna is heading towards the Bahamas (about 1000mi SW of BDA) at present, and is nowhere near us. It's Gustav taking aim for New Orleans that is keeping most of my attention and interest, at the moment.

Bermuda is such a tiny dot in the Atlantic that we generally get missed or overlooked by hurricanes *knock wood*  Our last hit was by Fabian.  Stuck around for 24 hours!!!  If it had moved along, the way most storms do, the damage would have been a lot less.  Fortunately, 99.99% of our homes are made of limestone or concrete blocks, so damage is minimal.  At least in that regard.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 04:07:52 AM by AMonk »
Moderation....in most things...

Ruth

« Reply #476 on: September 01, 2008, 11:37:29 PM »
My bad.  Bahamas  bibibibibi  Sorry, I know better. 

Note to self - AMonk lives in Bermuda, not Bahamas.  My former neighbour from Florida moved to the Bahamas.  Guess I'd better email her...
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #477 on: September 06, 2008, 04:04:22 AM »
It's raining. No, it's stopped. Humidity is wearing off. Nanning is bearable once again for another 9 months or so.

Happy New Year.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

« Reply #478 on: September 06, 2008, 10:23:13 AM »
Stop start rain here in the UK. Cold and wet afternoon today. Afternoon to be spent in the pub.  agagagagag

AMonk

« Reply #479 on: September 06, 2008, 10:10:21 PM »
Skies are (mostly) clear.  Temp @ 27*C  Humidity @ 80%  Time is 5:00am  Location is cfcfcfcfcf
Moderation....in most things...