Nasty Popups

• 6 replies

piglet

• Piglet's House
Nasty Popups
« on: March 07, 2015, 09:17:11 PM »
So my new abode came with a free desktop computer which seems to be chock a block with nasty annoying popup windows.I have downloaded various free antivirus programs (Avg,panda) and nothing seems to help.I have installed adblock plus and Strict popup blocker and all to no avail.ANy bright ideas?
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
Re: Nasty Popups
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 02:21:39 AM »
Wipe it and install a fresh OS.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 03:42:11 PM »
Sorry stil I am not a techie and I don't know how to do that.I don't have any Windows installation or anything.Is there another way?
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 03:50:52 PM »
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

But, another person, not me, some fellow with a looser affiliation to institutional ownership might, say, ask a neighbour with a clean computer to torrent a windows 7 and set it up on a bootable usb stick.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 05:05:28 PM »
Alternatively, perhaps today is the first day of the rest of your Linux.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

BrandeX

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 06:09:32 PM »
Sorry stil I am not a techie and I don't know how to do that.I don't have any Windows installation or anything.Is there another way?
Find a Windows install disc from somewhere, put it in the CD drive, and let it do it's thing. It's basically all automatic.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 03:18:24 AM »
Hopefully, you can find the tech support guy from the university/school you are working for.  He should have the disc and be able to fix your computer.   mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm  llllllllll llllllllll
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.