What's in the News

• 2873 replies

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
Re: What's in the News
« Reply #945 on: March 30, 2009, 02:44:09 PM »

Mooning Deemed 'Disgusting' but No Crime in Md.

By Ernesto Londoño

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, January 4, 2006; B01

Acquitting a Germantown man who exposed his buttocks during an argument with a neighbor, a Montgomery County Circuit Court judge ruled yesterday that mooning, while distasteful, is not illegal in Maryland.

"If exposure of half of the buttock constituted indecent exposure, any woman wearing a thong at the beach at Ocean City would be guilty," Judge John W. Debelius III said after the bench trial, reversing the ruling of a District Court judge.

Debelius made clear his disdain for the defendant, calling the alleged act "disgusting" and "demeaning." The outcome could have been different, he suggested, if the man had been on trial for "being a jerk." Freedom of Expression?
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

« Reply #946 on: March 30, 2009, 04:51:21 PM »
Now, that's just silly. Look at way most youngster dress these days. It looks like they are genetically opposed to pulling up their pants. He mooned a neighbour and he took him to court??? In Denmark, that would have resulted in a quick kick up the backside....some people are just plain odd...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

paddyfields

« Reply #947 on: April 03, 2009, 12:21:22 AM »
  Jail for exam scam organizers
EIGHT parents and teachers in east China who sent examination answers to their children through secret radio earphones have been imprisoned.

The Sanmen County Court in Zhejiang Province on Tuesday sentenced the eight to prison for between six months and three years for conspiring to cheat in the national college entrance examination in 2007, the Legal Daily reported today.

The eight were charged with illegally obtaining state secrets.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/?id=396348&type=National

« Reply #948 on: April 03, 2009, 01:32:17 AM »
Whoa, harsh.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

George

• My view of China
« Reply #949 on: April 04, 2009, 04:51:30 PM »
Here we go again......with a slight twist!!
Fireworks chemical found in baby formula

Posted 4 hours 22 minutes ago

A US study has found that a chemical used in fireworks and rocket fuel has been found in 15 different brands of powdered baby milk formula.

The report by the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention found that the fuel oxidiser perchlorate was discovered in formula marketed by leading US brands.

The non-profit Environmental Working Group says the chemical is a potent thyroid toxin that may interfere with foetal and infant brain development.

The group says perchlorate is also found in the drinking water of more than half of the states in the US.

The two most tainted brands had a nearly 90 per cent share of the US powdered baby milk market in 2000, EWG cited the CDC researchers as saying.

- AFP
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

paddyfields

« Reply #950 on: April 06, 2009, 03:03:48 PM »
And also German NUK baby powder under investigation in China

BEIJING, April 5 (Xinhua) -- The NUK baby powder, which allegedly contains forbidden ingredient, is under investigation and off shelf, said The General Administration for Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (GAQSIQ) here Sunday.

It is reported that the Korean authorities tested 30 baby powders and found 12 contained carcinogen asbestos, including the well-known NUK baby powder of German.

Suzhou Debao Baby Supplies Co., Ltd., NUK's general agent in China, imported 11.6 tons of semi-finished product from its Korean manufacturer, Boryung Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd., from March 2008 to March 2009, said the quality supervisor.

« Reply #951 on: April 06, 2009, 04:04:37 PM »

A US study has found that a chemical used in fireworks and rocket fuel has been found in 15 different brands of powdered baby milk formula.

A word of caution,just don't stand behind the babies when they break wind. aoaoaoaoao

« Reply #952 on: April 06, 2009, 10:05:19 PM »
On a brighter and more reassuring note: you can all sleep peacefully now. The new Secretary-General of NATO is Danish...yes, ladies and gentlemen, from the land of  cgcgcgcgcg, small mermaids and Carlsberg beer. The world is safe, completely safe agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #953 on: April 07, 2009, 11:55:02 AM »
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

paddyfields

« Reply #954 on: April 09, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »
Tire marks lead police to bike thief
(China Daily)
Updated: 2009-04-09 10:26
  Police tracked down a bike thief by following tire marks on the ground that lead directly to the man's building.

The thief, in Jining, Shandong province, dragged the electric bike on the ground because he was unable to break the lock.

Police traced the tire trail to his hostel and arrested him the following morning while he was still in bed. He confessed to the crime.

(Qilu Evening News)

paddyfields

« Reply #955 on: April 10, 2009, 04:26:55 AM »
Mutant piglet has two mouths, three eyes
Friday, April 3 2009

A Chinese farmer has told of his shock after one of his sows gave birth to a piglet with two mouths and three eyes.

The animal was among a litter of eight born at Liu Dingsheng's farm in Chongren County in Zhejiang province.

A local vet said that the extra facial features could have been caused by a genetic mutation or feed pollution.

"We were shocked to see such a weird looking creature. I don't really know what to do with it," Dingsheng told People's Daily.

synthette58

« Reply #956 on: April 10, 2009, 05:42:26 AM »
hmmm........snout to brag about..........("s'nowt".......in Nottm dialect!).

Nice one, Paddy!!
 agagagagag

synthette58

« Reply #957 on: April 10, 2009, 06:21:03 AM »
On a brighter and more reassuring note: you can all sleep peacefully now. The new Secretary-General of NATO is Danish...yes, ladies and gentlemen, from the land of  cgcgcgcgcg, small mermaids and Carlsberg beer. The world is safe, completely safe agagagagag

Ah, Eric...........this big blue marble world of ours now cradles itself in your nation's capable hands. I sleep now, safely in my soft little bed, knowing that thou reposeth upon thy rock!
(in other words, folks - his bed is likened to a brick!.......mine is as soft as down!......ain't I the lucky one!! LOL!!). Read and weep, Eric, my Danish Devil friend!!

Pace, in omnipotens.....from Negotiums permabulans in Tenebris.....

figure that out, and I'll stand you dinner! LOL!!  bhbhbhbhbh bhbhbhbhbh

synthette58

« Reply #958 on: April 10, 2009, 06:52:34 AM »
Now, that's just silly. Look at way most youngster dress these days. It looks like they are genetically opposed to pulling up their pants. He mooned a neighbour and he took him to court??? In Denmark, that would have resulted in a quick kick up the backside....some people are just plain odd...

Ja!!.......we're ALL odd, Eric!! (otherwise we wouldn't be here!!) LOL!!
IMHO - a swift kick in the pants never hurt anyone!
And don't we all weep for the days of the old British 'Bobby' that would swat you upside the head with his gloves, and tell you "gerrout of it!".......?

Where the hell did respect and discipline go??
 kkkkkkkkkk bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #959 on: April 11, 2009, 01:33:33 AM »
I was hoping the Canadian guy would get the nod.  He's one of the few prominent conservatives that I respect and trust.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com