Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1065 on: May 19, 2010, 12:35:29 PM »
ok Invictus...creepy on the Chucky front...  rrrrrrrrrr apapapapap (you'll fit right in here)

Welcome!  agagagagag
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Invictus

• "文武双全"
    • My Band @ MySpace
« Reply #1066 on: May 19, 2010, 01:30:46 PM »
ok Invictus...creepy on the Chucky front...  rrrrrrrrrr apapapapap (you'll fit right in here)

As a child, I was oft left lone and unsupervised. Good thing for highly inappropriate horror films on late night European television.

Welcome!  agagagagag

Fangs a lot!  afafafafaf
“就算杀了一个我,还有千千万万个我。“

AMonk

« Reply #1067 on: May 19, 2010, 01:48:28 PM »
Nice ta meetcha agagagagag  Welcome to our abode refuge favourite watering hole Saloon.
Moderation....in most things...

Ruth

« Reply #1068 on: May 19, 2010, 05:05:02 PM »
Hi Invictus.  Not sure if you win the prize for the most posts in the shortest time by the newest member, but you've got to be in the running.  From what I've read so far I think you'll fit right in here. (Take that as a compliment or not; some of us rank quite high on the weird scale.)

I have just one piece of advice.  In order to speak proper Chinglish you need to leave out the word "much" in the following sentence:
I very much like this awesome forum and the nice people in it
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #1069 on: May 19, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »

fresh meat  ababababab ababababab ababababab  bfbfbfbfbf

right this way please, never mind that red splatter on the walls, I swear it's paint!  uuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuu
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Invictus

• "文武双全"
    • My Band @ MySpace
« Reply #1070 on: May 20, 2010, 06:08:20 PM »
LOL! I have never in my life joined a forum and posted so much so quickly, if I ever even got to be a regular poster at all. *surreptitiously eyes the persistent "ain't said much yet" 'neath his moniker* I mostly lurk. But everyone here is so helpful and so down to earth, I feel like I could have a beer or two with all of you. I guess that's why it's the saloon. agagagagag Also I'm very grateful for all the people who have helped me in my "two years experience" thread and I wanna contribute to the forum if I can.

right this way please, never mind that red splatter on the walls, I swear it's paint!

Uh-oh... Have I stumbled onto a From Dusk Till Dawn sequel? S'okay, that's fine, let's play! I brought my toy!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:29:59 PM by Invictus »
“就算杀了一个我,还有千千万万个我。“

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #1071 on: May 20, 2010, 07:44:33 PM »
WELCOME tai_li,invictus and damballah!  agagagagag
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

« Reply #1072 on: May 20, 2010, 11:09:15 PM »
SOLONG!!! axaxaxaxax  Welcome back!
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #1073 on: May 21, 2010, 05:28:23 AM »
Hi everyone,
I'm Jennifer, I'm 20 and I'm from Australia. I'm heading to Changchun in July to teach at Sino-American Denver Foreign Language School. Well, I will be if I sign the contract. Everything looks pretty good though so at the moment it's full steam ahead. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Will anyone else be in that general direction later this year?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. - Mark Twain

Invictus

• "文武双全"
    • My Band @ MySpace
« Reply #1074 on: May 21, 2010, 08:55:24 AM »
Hiya, Jennifer. Welcome to the forum, from another new guy. I'm one step behind you in the job-hunting process, still contacting places and trying to find a good school, but Changchun is on my list as well. If I find a really good place, I will go there for my first job. I'd be interested to hear your experiences once you get there. If you have a blog, I'd love to read it.

I also read Changchun has a lot of great Mandarin programs, everything from the universities to private schools, so I hope you're looking to pick up some Mandarin!
“就算杀了一个我,还有千千万万个我。“

« Reply #1075 on: May 21, 2010, 01:26:31 PM »
Hi Jennifer, Day Dreamer here. I've been in Changchun for 2 and a half years. Anything you need to now, please ask
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #1076 on: May 21, 2010, 03:34:21 PM »
Oh wow Day Dreamer, that's awesome! You'll be my go to guy once I arrive in the crazy land. Is there much to do in Changchun? I need to be there by July 25 for training, but I'm wondering how much time I should allow for checking the place out.
I'm definitely interested in learning the language, but my current knowledge exists of, well.. nothing whatsoever. However, I'm optimistic. Surely I'll pick some up out of pure necessity. Would love any info on good language schools in the area.
Everyone, I've attached my contract because I'm keen to sign it and start booking flights. I just don't want to sign such an important document without having the wise eyes of the forum check it out first. Anyone who knows about this type of stuff, please check it out for me!

[attachment removed for space reason by admin]
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. - Mark Twain

« Reply #1077 on: May 21, 2010, 06:36:28 PM »
Hi Jenninfer, welcome to the Bedlam of cyber space agagagagag agagagagag
There is a room called the Contract Zone. If you copy your contract there, you will get much more feedback on it.  agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Invictus

• "文武双全"
    • My Band @ MySpace
« Reply #1078 on: May 21, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
There is a room called the Contract Zone.

Is this off limits to new posters? I don't see a link for it anywhere, and when I did click on a link to it in another post, it said "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

I no find. Maybe pinyin ate it. mmmmmmmmmm
“就算杀了一个我,还有千千万万个我。“

« Reply #1079 on: May 21, 2010, 07:34:47 PM »
Yes I believe the Contract Zone is off limits to us lesser beings. However, Day Dreamer gave me some good feedback and I've spoken to the school, all is going well. So glad this lovely Saloon exists.  :lickass: