DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1005 on: January 14, 2010, 12:42:24 AM »
   bjbjbjbjbj
bfbfbfbfbf Nice to see you got in  VIvy bfbfbfbfbf

besides, Gerge has chicken legs, figure & looks, but he Does like speeling
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

VIVI

« Reply #1006 on: January 14, 2010, 12:47:43 AM »
G'day Ivy..or NIVI. Welcome aboard. I would never have guessed that you are Chinese. afafafafaf afafafafaf Who are you translating for?

Ivy. ahahahahah

working for an electronic company & translating for 'wwwho'... ananananan   ooooh,for our client & manufacturers.Maybe.

VIVI

« Reply #1007 on: January 14, 2010, 12:57:45 AM »
   bjbjbjbjbj
bfbfbfbfbf Nice to see you got in  VIvy bfbfbfbfbf

besides, Gerge has chicken legs, figure & looks, but he Does like speeling

bibibibibi I dunno how to reply the E-mail personal massage & cannot link attached webpage.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #1008 on: January 14, 2010, 01:11:06 AM »
You probably don't have PM privileges yet. Wait until you are a regular poster.
For linking web pages, look at the line of square buttons, directly above the smilies. The third one from the left is for links.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

AMonk

« Reply #1009 on: January 14, 2010, 01:14:23 AM »
Welcome to the Madhouse Saloon, Ivy agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #1010 on: January 14, 2010, 01:18:02 AM »
Welcome aboard, Ivy agagagagag agagagagag As for normal appearance...well, no such thing here, what with chickens, bunnies, squirrels, lizards and Huang Di knows what hanging around the Saloon agagagagag agagagagag Hope you enjoy it here.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #1011 on: January 14, 2010, 01:22:04 AM »
yea,
`No be shy 
agagagagag

Post to any topics you have thoughts to share that might add to the discussions, it'll be cool to get more Chinese perspective here  bjbjbjbjbj
 &...
 after a handful or so more posts, your PM (private Message) box will open.
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

VIVI

« Reply #1012 on: January 14, 2010, 01:48:50 AM »
You probably don't have PM privileges yet. Wait until you are a regular poster.
For linking web pages, look at the line of square buttons, directly above the smilies. The third one from the left is for links.

How many need to pose to be a 'regular poster'  uuuuuuuuuu

« Reply #1013 on: January 14, 2010, 01:59:12 AM »
Well, our Beloved Duke is the one who can answer that. Just start posting, there are enough threads available for whatever topic you would care to comment/lambast/rave/rant about. Personally, I think it's about time we had a thread about why wilderbeests are dashed silly...I mean, two hundred of them can be scared into a mad stampede by one hungry lion! Why don't they just turn around and give the over-grown kitty a sound thrashing? Surely, after 500 kilos of angry pot-roast jumps up and down on it for a few minutes, even the most meat-happy lion would begin to think that vegetarianism is a reasonable alternative.
Hmm...better go start that thread.  agagagagag agagagagag Just start posting, and you'll have PM privileges faster than you can say generalguvernoersundersekretaersoverfuldmaegtigskaffeassistentsmedhjaelpervikar... agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Ruth

« Reply #1014 on: January 14, 2010, 05:00:20 PM »
Hi Vivi, nice to meet you and welcome. I've already noticed your posts on other threads and appreciate the new perspective you bring to our Saloon.  (Good to have another lady around the place too  bfbfbfbfbf  These men, gotta watch them.)
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #1015 on: January 15, 2010, 09:48:28 PM »
Welcome aboard, Vivi. agagagagag  We don't get many Chinese members; maybe we use too much slang and confuse people.  Too bad, too: like Dadan and Ruth said, we could use more of a Chinese eye on things.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #1016 on: January 15, 2010, 09:50:58 PM »
Ivy! Baby!
Nice ta have ya amongst us!  agagagagag akakakakak afafafafaf
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Ruth

« Reply #1017 on: January 15, 2010, 09:55:01 PM »
We've had other Chinese members before who didn't stick around and one of the complaints I remember was that they didn't understand the slang and banter very well.  Please don't let that be a reason to leave us  ananananan  Just ask what we mean.  I don't always follow what's going on - especially in the technology threads.  You'll notice people ask for clarification sometimes.  Example, today an Australian Saloonie used the word 'dag'.  I had no idea what it meant and was going to ask, but he answered it in his post for those of us who aren't Australian-English trained.  We represent many different cultures here and I'll repeat - I'm really glad you have joined us and I look forward to more of your insight into this wonderful country many of us choose to call 'home'.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #1018 on: January 15, 2010, 10:18:57 PM »
And just ignore George, the guy with the hopping chicken. You don't want to know, even if it could ever be translated and explained... kkkkkkkkkk
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

VIVI

« Reply #1019 on: January 16, 2010, 07:10:32 AM »
                                     Thanks for all. bjbjbjbjbj

U r right,I encountered a number of new words & slang, even reading the book <1984>recommanded by Dadan lately, bibibibibi 
  The way to handle those problems is consulting the dictionary & u rather than escaping from here. agagagagag That's native.