Introductions

• 1851 replies

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: Introductions
« Reply #945 on: November 08, 2009, 06:38:58 PM »
Welcome ArialFont - pull up the cleanest chair you can find, your first drink is on me. agagagagag

Please tell us more about yourself.

« Reply #946 on: November 08, 2009, 09:32:40 PM »
About myself, oh deary. What to tell? Um...I like science fact and science fiction. I like to day dream.

I have an anecdote: The other day one of my good friends, his name is ****** or One of the One's That Got Away, for short, had a farewell party, cos he's going back to the US(*tear*  ananananan )I've had a soft spot for him for a long time, and he was kinda into me too, but the situation never really presented itself where we could act on it, so it was this totally lame 5 month long flirtation. (I'm horrible at dating. I'm gonna die all alone one day with like 17 cats and they're gonna eat my face and they'll have to use dental records to identify my remains)

Anyway, so my friend, let's call her Kelly Clarkson, was there too, cos they're also friends. I was talking to OotOTGA, and Kelly Clarkson came to sit with us. She'd been in a mood all night and started talking about her period. She realised she was talking about her period and spirited off into the night.

Then another one of my friends, Nicole Kidman, came to sit with us and went "Have you guys hooked up yet?",  bibibibibi She saw the mortified look on my face and also made a run for it...

My point is this: sometimes I really need to cast my cameo roles a little better...

Thanks for making it to the end of my mini-rant.  bjbjbjbjbj
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Schnerby

« Reply #947 on: November 08, 2009, 11:22:31 PM »
Ha, I love your storytelling.
Seems you will fit in just fine.  agagagagag

Ruth

« Reply #948 on: November 09, 2009, 10:42:53 PM »
Yup, love stories.  Especially stories about expats in China.  Keep 'em coming.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #949 on: November 09, 2009, 10:49:27 PM »
Yeah, Welcome ArialFont. Nice story.   agagagagag

Someone show her where the ladies lounge is pleeeeease.  bibibibibi

« Reply #950 on: November 10, 2009, 05:16:24 AM »
Hi, I'm brand new here.  I am a coworker of dragonsaver, who brought me to this forum.

This is my second year living in China, located in Dalian.  This is, however, the first year my husband has joined me since he was still in the States last year.  Never again we we do the long distance thing.  No fun.

I'm expecting my first baby in April and yes, he/she is going to be born here in China.  This will be an interesting experience, to say the least...

Along with teaching college in China, I am a prof. for several schools in America, teaching online classes.  Needless to say, I'm busy.

Last, I'm from MN in the States.

old34

« Reply #951 on: November 10, 2009, 05:45:57 AM »
Out of curiosity, what do you teach here (in China) and online?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

AMonk

« Reply #952 on: November 10, 2009, 06:31:06 AM »
Welcome to Wonderland the Saloon, RadioJedi agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

George

• My view of China
« Reply #953 on: November 10, 2009, 11:54:59 AM »
Welcome aboard, RJ. If yer a friend of DS, even more so! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Ruth

« Reply #954 on: November 10, 2009, 06:13:11 PM »
Hi RadioJedi, wow, you are one busy lady.  Glad you have taken time out of your busy schedule to join us here for a cyber drink.  Hope to see you here often.  (And keep us posted on the wee one's growth and arrival.  We have a kiddie's corner where milk and cookies are served, as many members have small children.)
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #955 on: November 10, 2009, 06:29:03 PM »
Hi RJ!

I had my son in Kunming in 2007 and will be having #2 in Beijing in December. Giving birth in China worked out fine for me with #1, although quite a different experience from what you'd expect back home, and I'm hoping #2 will go smoothly as well. If you've got any questions about having a baby in China as a foreigner, feel free to ask. There are quite a few dads on these boards, but it is always nice to have another mom around to talk to.

Welcome!  agagagagag

« Reply #956 on: November 10, 2009, 07:02:04 PM »
Welcome aboard  agagagagag agagagagag (for you it is tea)  ahahahahah

Glad to finally see you here  bfbfbfbfbf
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #957 on: November 10, 2009, 07:49:54 PM »
Out of curiosity, what do you teach here (in China) and online?

Here in China I teach Public Speaking.  My MA is in Communication, so I enjoy teaching a wide variety of subjects online - interpersonal, media, cross-cultural communication (always fun with my China stories), film studies, public speaking (yes, online), group/team communication, and organizational/business communication. 

« Reply #958 on: November 10, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »
Hi RJ!

I had my son in Kunming in 2007 and will be having #2 in Beijing in December. Giving birth in China worked out fine for me with #1, although quite a different experience from what you'd expect back home, and I'm hoping #2 will go smoothly as well. If you've got any questions about having a baby in China as a foreigner, feel free to ask. There are quite a few dads on these boards, but it is always nice to have another mom around to talk to.

Welcome!  agagagagag

Good to meet someone who has "been there."  I'm still nervous but feeling better than I had felt when I first found out the news, which was 2 weeks before coming back to China.

« Reply #959 on: November 10, 2009, 07:54:58 PM »
Hi RadioJedi, wow, you are one busy lady.  Glad you have taken time out of your busy schedule to join us here for a cyber drink.  Hope to see you here often.  (And keep us posted on the wee one's growth and arrival.  We have a kiddie's corner where milk and cookies are served, as many members have small children.)

It's nice to hear so many folks here have kids.  For now I'll have to have a cyber drink of tea.  No wine or soju for me this year.  (and yes, I know soju is Korean, not Chinese but we have a large population of Koreans in Dalian, so lots of great food and drink...)