Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #930 on: November 06, 2009, 02:17:20 AM »
Welcome agagagagag agagagagag The Chicken in question is the Venerable Chook George...here, have a beer and no jokes about squirrels and rats... agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #931 on: November 06, 2009, 02:34:27 AM »
here, have a beer and no jokes about squirrels and rats..
Or people who wear pink glasses!...Wait! Real people don't wear pink glasses.
Arialfont, AKA helvetica, you have some serious reading to do in yer spare time, before deciding who to insult....and how to insult them.........safely! Eric has passed his "trial by insult."................unfortunately!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

mlaeux

• How's the water?
    • Fukushima has changed everything.
« Reply #932 on: November 06, 2009, 03:23:17 AM »
Welcome ArielFont!  bfbfbfbfbf

Schnerby

« Reply #933 on: November 06, 2009, 03:32:52 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Are we German here? Why is "Chicken" capitalized? Is there some member called Chicken or something?

It's best if you let us get you a drink and don't worry about questions like that...  agagagagag

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #934 on: November 06, 2009, 03:33:58 AM »
No it's best if she gets US a drink then no one has to worry about questions like that.....

Welcome to the Saloon AF agagagagag
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #935 on: November 06, 2009, 11:00:31 AM »
Hello. *waves*  :wtf:

I'm new. Do you hate newbies like all the other sites I've been at? I'll try not to piss you off.

Where do I get a pool pass? Is it ok to feed the animals?
As long as you also give them something to drink.  You can charge it all on George's bill.  That's what the rest of us do.  That's why he is still working at the ripe old age of 93.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

AMonk

« Reply #936 on: November 06, 2009, 11:18:16 AM »
Really?  93?  I thought he was ..... oh, Never mind...

HiYa, Arial!  Welcome to the Madhouse Saloon agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

Ruth

« Reply #937 on: November 06, 2009, 03:03:10 PM »
We have a pool??  Guess I've spent so much time drinking in the main bar that I didn't wander down the hall to the other recreational area.

Welcome Arialfont.
Do you hate newbies like all the other sites I've been at?
We love and welcome newbies  akakakakak and mostly treat you gently until we get to know you.  Then, as alluded to above, you might be in for some teasing or ribbing.  Some of the guys make a hobby of insulting each other, but it's all in good fun.
I'll try not to piss you off.
If you do, we'll let you know - politely and kindly.  As I said, we welcome new members and do our best to make them feel appreciated enough that they stick around and become a true member of our cyber family.
Is it ok to feed the animals?
I never thought about it until you asked this question, but quite a number of us are animals (via our avatars).  Some of us - George, for instance - really resemble our avatars.

Now, pull up a stool and tell us something about yourself.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #938 on: November 06, 2009, 08:41:10 PM »
Something about myself..er....um....

I've been in China for 5 months and can't speak a lick of Chinese. I blame society.

I'm really not very interesting. If you're very interested I suppose u could ask me more specific questions.

In the meantime: Did anyone else notice how Yakko completely left out South Africa in his Nations of the World song? They mention Lesotho, but not SA. That's not cool! mmmmmmmmmm
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #939 on: November 06, 2009, 11:12:59 PM »
Wait! Real people don't wear pink glasses.

True. Erc is what we'd call "Cheese Danish", except of course for the bits that are Turkish. ahahahahah

Did anyone else notice how Yakko completely left out South Africa in his Nations of the World song?

Why, no...no, we didn't. uuuuuuuuuu

Welcome aboard, Arial. agagagagag
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #940 on: November 07, 2009, 04:28:36 AM »
We have a pool??  Guess I've spent so much time drinking in the main bar that I didn't wander down the hall to the other recreational area.

See that huge-assed puddle in the alley, with the oil slick?  Children can drown in it.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Ruth

« Reply #941 on: November 07, 2009, 08:20:19 PM »
Questions for ArialFont: You've already told us you can't speak Chinese, so the next most obvious question is "Can you use chopsticks?"  Ooops, sorry.  That's a question for random Chinese strangers to ask you.

Ok, where are you from?  Where are you now?  What brought you to China? (Not an airplane; I mean motivation, random quirk of fate, moment of insanity?)  Whatcha doing here?  Me, I'm from Canada (and the US, but that's another story). I'm in Dongguan, Guangdong province in the south of China teaching at a uni.  Life back home was boring, the kids were raised and the dog died.  Why not go to China?
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #942 on: November 07, 2009, 11:16:16 PM »
1. I can use chopsticks. Go me!

2. I'm from South Africa. No not Cape Town. No not Johannesburg either... at least 8 hours from either of them (by car)

3. In Suzhou. It's nice. I live in the SIP. It's kinda too sanitary for my liking though. It's like some architect made a model and then watered it and it grew into the SIP. it's not really organic. Anyway...

4. I was in ROK. I got over that. I didn't know what else to do so one of my friends recommended I come to China because she loved it so much when she was here. (She left cos her husband hated it.)

5. I'm teaching Engrishee...or attempting to anyway. Sometimes I feel like I'm just a babysitter...

6. I like pie.

anything else? I dunno. I'm boring.

« Reply #943 on: November 08, 2009, 05:20:12 AM »
And she brawls in the bars every week.  Doubly so on payday.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #944 on: November 08, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »
That too. I was saving that for next month.  bibibibibi

I want to make them like me, before I make them hate me.