Introductions

• 1851 replies

Schnerby

Re: Introductions
« Reply #915 on: October 08, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »
If I had a bookshop it would be run a bit like "Black Books'.  I wouldn't want to sell anything I wanted to read.

Yep, I'd have that problem too.

I imagine my bookshop having polished wooden floors, a big bay window at the front and everything just so. I suspect people wouldn't be allowed to touch the books, lest they move them somehow. The just wouldn;'t do.

Also, there would be no buying things when they were important to they way I had arranged my window or shelves. No buying the pretty books, they are for decoration only. You may buy the books with ugly covers only.

Ruth

« Reply #916 on: October 08, 2009, 10:10:15 PM »
Hi Afairman, welcome to the Saloon.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #917 on: October 15, 2009, 01:39:07 AM »
Welcome aboard, Afair! agagagagag  Feel free to bombard us with questions.  Makes us feel useful.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #918 on: November 02, 2009, 07:34:19 PM »
Hi all,

new to the site, not that new to China. Been living/working in China since 1998 and now, well since Jan 2003, in Beijing.

I am not a teacher and know absolutely nothing about teaching English, albeit one year in Shenyang I taught hotel staff English in exchange for an upgrade to a VIP suite.

My previous jobs gave the opportunity to visit many places in China ranging from large cities to places so small that there was no beaten track to be off.

My Mandarin is understandable but not fluent and at time still have trouble with the old 4 is 4, 14 is 14, 40 is 40 tongue twister.
Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday and all is well ............. so stop worrying!

George

• My view of China
« Reply #919 on: November 02, 2009, 09:07:32 PM »
Welcome aboard, manlin.  agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag Yer don't have to be a teacher to teach English here. So what do you do instead??
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Schnerby

« Reply #920 on: November 02, 2009, 10:08:10 PM »
I guess we could do with some more non-teacher expats to tell the other side of the expat story here. Sometimes we forget not all of us have classes and marking papers to deal with.

Welcome!

« Reply #921 on: November 03, 2009, 04:31:51 AM »
Welcome aboard, manlin.  agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag Yer don't have to be a teacher to teach English here. So what do you do instead??

I originally came to China as an irrigation engineer and spent the first few years irritating, sorry irrigating, Liaoning Province, Inner Mongolia, Xinjiang and work related to the relocation caused by the Three Gorge Dam Project.

However since 2005 I have been providing Destination Services and as a hobby organise networking events in Beijing. I'm not sure how much info I can provide about those activities without falling into the please do not advertise category. I suppose anyone interested can always pm me for info.
Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday and all is well ............. so stop worrying!

« Reply #922 on: November 03, 2009, 04:43:49 PM »
Welcom manlin. I'm also in Beijing, came here from Kunming to work in a non-teaching job, but quickly got fed up and went back to teaching. I think being a teacher has spoiled me for the real world.  bibibibibi

Good to have you aboard!  agagagagag

Ruth

« Reply #923 on: November 03, 2009, 05:13:33 PM »
Welcome to the Saloon, Manlin.  Seems like you are a much 'older' China-hand than many folks here.  My view is decidedly from the front of a classroom, so I look forward to getting to know you and your view of China.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #924 on: November 05, 2009, 07:48:12 AM »
 agagagagag Welcome aboard, Manlin.  Another Beijinger... we Suzhouites are losing market share.

Networking, huh?
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

mlaeux

• How's the water?
    • Fukushima has changed everything.
« Reply #925 on: November 05, 2009, 08:17:20 AM »
Welcome Manlin!  Don't be a stranger.  bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #926 on: November 06, 2009, 01:46:13 AM »
Hello. *waves*  :wtf:

I'm new. Do you hate newbies like all the other sites I've been at? I'll try not to piss you off.

Where do I get a pool pass? Is it ok to feed the animals?
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

George

• My view of China
« Reply #927 on: November 06, 2009, 01:51:43 AM »
Yes, you can feed the Chicken. Nothing else.
No, we luvs newbies.
Yer not allowed to piss in the pool!
Have a beer. agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #928 on: November 06, 2009, 01:52:40 AM »
Animals yes, members whose names begin with G at your own risk. uuuuuuuuuu

« Reply #929 on: November 06, 2009, 02:08:12 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Are we German here? Why is "Chicken" capitalized? Is there some member called Chicken or something?
diagonally parked in a parallel universe