Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2007, 10:00:30 PM »
Welcome aboard, Anya. agagagagag We've got a bunch of Saloonies placed in Beijing- Cheekygal and Nolefan are the drunkest most regular of the crew.  How long have you been in China?

By the way, I'm Con, the most attractive man here. ababababab
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

anya

« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2007, 10:16:57 PM »
Ahh, xie xie ni'men! Cheers!

Most attractive man... I have been in China for just about a month. I spent a couple of weeks in Weifang, Shandong Province, (at another campus of the company I work for) and am now in Beijing for the summer. Very excited about traveling and seeing more of this country!

"I want justice," I shouted.
"You'll get the law," he replied. "We gave up on justice long ago. The best we can do is law." -p. 207

« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2007, 01:03:12 AM »
Hi Anya, great to hear from you. Try not to let all the scary people in here frighten you away. Some of us are "normal"... sort of wwwwwwwwww

axaxaxaxax
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2007, 01:33:18 AM »
Anya, Cheekygal is from Russia too.  Hope you two can get together sometime.  agagagagag
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

moon over parma

« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2007, 02:20:32 AM »
Howdy, Anya. Good luck in Beijing. agagagagag

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2007, 06:49:38 AM »
My name is Anya and I just recently got to Beijing to teach English and French. I am Russian, but I now live in Canada, and am a university student there. I am quite new to the city and don't know many people, but I am keeping myself open to anything and hope to learn as much as I can in the time that I am here!

Hey Anya,

Welcome to the madhouse... make that 2 madhouses :) the Saloon and Beijing...
There are quite a few things happening in the old capital and one of theeasiet ways of meeting people would be to come on over to one of the Altruistic Alcoholics meetings... Usually tuesday and/or wednesday nights around the Sanlitun area.. Pm for more info..

cheers.. this round is on Cheekygal
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2007, 02:52:53 PM »
She is in Canadian Intelligence now. So, basically you, canucks, got yourself a very well trained Russian agent who switched sides!!!!  afafafafaf (or not!)

Privet, Anya, ya toje v Pekine  agagagagag

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy your time!

« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2007, 02:53:36 PM »
P.S. don't be surprised if after this round you wake up in about 1 month somewhere in the jungles of Kalimantan  uuuuuuuuuu

anya

« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2007, 03:18:35 PM »
Haha, haven't officially switched sides, I still only have my Russian citizenship! ;)

Ya prochitala chto ti v Pitere zhila! Ya ot tuda :) Gde ti zakonchila svoye obrazovanie?
"I want justice," I shouted.
"You'll get the law," he replied. "We gave up on justice long ago. The best we can do is law." -p. 207

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2007, 03:25:49 PM »
anya! nice name!

in tagalog "anya" means "what?"

WELCOME!
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2007, 05:10:32 PM »
Anya sounds like how Korean girls say 'no' (I hear it all the time). Actually it's Aniyo

In Canada Anya means..... well Anya.

Welcome Anya. Unfortunately for you, Con is the most atractive man here. The rest of us need you to be blindly drunk.

Errr. Can I buy you a drink?  afafafafaf

« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2007, 06:14:44 PM »
Stil, where are your manners? (If you want to be subtle, you need to buy everyone a round - thems the rules gggggggggg)
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2007, 06:22:52 PM »
If you want to be subtle, you need to buy everyone a round - thems the rules
That's why subtlety is in short supply around here!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2007, 06:37:25 PM »
Haha, haven't officially switched sides

I'm gonna wait until I find out the choice here (not that there's anything wrong with it). Then I'll buy drinks

« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2007, 06:39:04 PM »
Drinks with strings? ???