Introductions

• 1851 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Introductions
« Reply #720 on: September 22, 2008, 08:54:10 AM »
Welcome, ciad mile failte.
You may have noticed that you have to be kinda careful talking around Erc and Gerge here. ::) bibibibibi
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #721 on: October 17, 2008, 09:43:44 PM »
Hi, I am Jo.
I am female, 31 and from Bristol, UK. 

Arriving in China 21st Oct and seeking out  mmmmmmmmmm my first teaching English job in the Suzhou/Shanghai area. bfbfbfbfbf

I promised myself I'd be out of UK by the first frost.... Danm! It's frosty in England today!!!  Hoping for a few sunny days  ababababab and good times  agagagagag before getting stuck in to work again.  uuuuuuuuuu

Jo

Ruth

« Reply #722 on: October 17, 2008, 10:10:12 PM »
Welcome Jo.  Happy job hunting and safe travels.  Have you been to China before?
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #723 on: October 17, 2008, 10:16:29 PM »
 agagagagag agagagagag

welcome aboard kiddo... beware that side of china as there are reports of molested hats, Belgians roaming the streets and strange debauchery coming out of the area...  aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao  kkkkkkkkkk
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

George

• My view of China
« Reply #724 on: October 17, 2008, 10:22:56 PM »
Welcome aboard Josephina! (That's MY line, Noles) Yes, be very careful in Suzhou, an area noted for Schizoid Sociopaths, Belgian Wafflers, and USAnian Chapeau Molesters. agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #725 on: October 17, 2008, 11:25:28 PM »
welcome aboard, but if you decide to go a little further north into shandong territory watch out for dancing chooks from the land down under.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #726 on: October 18, 2008, 12:28:39 AM »
Dancing chooks are famous in Jinan, the jewel of Shandong.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #727 on: October 18, 2008, 12:33:24 AM »
Arriving in China 21st Oct and seeking out  mmmmmmmmmm my first teaching English job in the Suzhou/Shanghai area. bfbfbfbfbf

Welcome Jo.

But does this mean you do not yet have a job here??  If that is the case you may need to read the 'hard rain' thread about the VERY difficult time you can have changing your tourist visa into a residency permit.

Good luck!

« Reply #728 on: October 18, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »
Eh? What? Oh, brilliant, a new member. A bit late but allow me to hop on the welcome wagon. Welcome, Josephina, to the greatest place in cyber space. So, you'll be arriving in the Friendliest Place on Earth later this month? Fabulous. I do hope you have an absolutely spiffing time.  agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #729 on: October 23, 2008, 09:06:54 AM »
Welcome indeed, Jo, and congrats on having the perspicacity to avoid terrible places like Shandong Province, and come right to The Good Part.

Let us know when you get here, although I'm not long for The Big Silly myself, I fear...

And don't worry about the herring-knocker up there. A cilantro allergy has him raving and hallucinating every time he eats.
Lucky bastard.
Anyway, he'll calm down again in a couple hours and is definitely harmless. uuuuuuuuuu
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #730 on: October 23, 2008, 09:07:56 AM »
Oh...and no one in Suzhou ever molested a hat that didn't ASK us to molest it. asasasasas

chinalin

• The Great wall in winter.
    • Lin's China Travels
« Reply #731 on: October 24, 2008, 05:19:21 PM »
Hi to you all.  I am Lin, and from Australia!  C'mon Aussies!!  I am in Zhaoqing, in Guangdong Province.  Looking forward to getting to know everyone here in the saloon.  This is my fourth year in Zhaoqing.  Am back at the original college, a medical college, where all my students are in an international nursing programme, with real opportunities for overseas work/study, if they want.  So they are wonderfully motivated, and keen to learn, not like some students I have come across in my other teaching job here!!  Loving the experience (still!) and can't really get my head around going home some day!!

« Reply #732 on: October 24, 2008, 05:49:24 PM »
Welcome to the Saloon, Chinalin agagagagag agagagagag First round is on me..well...actually on Con, as he left for Canuckstan and forgot to suspend his running tab.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #733 on: October 24, 2008, 06:18:41 PM »
Welcome aboard, Lin. We need more Aussies here, as the place is in danger of being overrun by bloody foreigners. Yes, drinks all round.....on Con's tab. agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

« Reply #734 on: October 24, 2008, 10:43:28 PM »
Duh, George, UNITY IN DIVERSITY!
Welcome Jo and Lin.  agagagagag