Introductions

• 1851 replies

Ruth

Re: Introductions
« Reply #690 on: August 12, 2008, 07:42:46 PM »
Hi Boston, it's nice to meet you.  May I offer you your first drink of baijiu?  jjjjjjjjjj  "Welcome you to China.  Where are you from? What's your name?  How much money do you make?  Can you use chopsticks?"  I'm not being rude, just helping you prepare for your arrival and the questions you must be prepared to answer on a regular basis.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #691 on: August 12, 2008, 07:45:16 PM »
George is still recovering after summer camp, so his bar tab is wide open. have a half dozen on him!!

Ruth - you forgot - "Are you married? Do you like Chinese girls?".

« Reply #692 on: August 12, 2008, 07:47:38 PM »
Welcome and what others said. Get ready to embark on a wonderful journey where all your perceptions appear to be wrong and all the things you thought to be wrong are right  ahahahahah

« Reply #693 on: August 12, 2008, 07:50:54 PM »
Ruth - you forgot - "Are you married? Do you like Chinese girls?".

You can also add: "How old are you?"

Shroomy

« Reply #694 on: August 12, 2008, 08:15:01 PM »
Welcome, Boston.  agagagagag agagagagag

"Do you like Chinese food?  Have you ever eaten it before?"
Back home and still confused about what the locals are saying.

« Reply #695 on: August 12, 2008, 09:37:59 PM »
Welcome Spaghetti...so, you're a vampire, eh? However, your name implies that you enrolled in the UN "Fangs for Pasta" scheme, so I'll just hide this garlic and the stake under the table. Have a Bloody Mary on me...with extra Mary agagagagag agagagagag

Boston, welcome to Wonderland I mean China...be prepared for people walking up to you, saying "Hello" and then running away. Drinking beer from shot glasses (I use the term 'beer' as loosely as humanly possible)and getting used to not standing in line. China is fun, hope you enjoy it agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #696 on: August 13, 2008, 12:43:58 PM »
A good Spaghetti is always welcome. Welcome aboard!! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #697 on: August 14, 2008, 12:18:39 AM »
Welcome, Boston! agagagagag  I hear god things about Harbin (haven't been there in 21 years).  You'll find pretty much all you need to know in the Laowai Lending Library room; feel free to ask us about whatever you can't suss from there. 

I think you'll enjoy your adventure in the Big Silly.  Just plan it out, negotiate with your prospective school slowly and carefully, and pack a year's supply of deodorant, Justin Case.  bfbfbfbfbf
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #698 on: August 15, 2008, 07:27:37 AM »
Hi all. My name is Mark. I also just graduated from college (University of Michigan) and am wanting to experience China firsthand since that is what I will be studying in grad school. I am moving to Harbin for a year to teach English at a University while taking Mandarin classes. I'm also hoping to take the GRE while I'm over there. It's gonna be a busy year. :)

Shroomy

« Reply #699 on: August 15, 2008, 09:08:19 AM »
Welcome to the Saloon, Primitive.  Harbin seems to be very popular all of the sudden.  I live 3 hours south of Harbin, so maybe we'll meet up some day.  Not that I had time to go to Harbin all of last semester; and you will be studying/working 24/7.  bibibibibi

Better get started drinking now.  I'm sure since AMonk is out of town she'd want you to have a drink and a toastie on her tab.  Cheers  agagagagag
Back home and still confused about what the locals are saying.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #700 on: August 15, 2008, 10:51:47 AM »
Velcome aboard, Primitive. Good handle for a Michigonian, and Harbin is a good place for you, too. Nice and freezy in winter!! agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #701 on: August 15, 2008, 06:09:56 PM »
Primitive and I will fit right in during Harbin's winter, him being from Michigan and my coming from Maine :) I do believe we'll actually be working at the same university. Small world?
it matters not what road you take, but what you become on the journey

« Reply #702 on: August 16, 2008, 12:22:20 AM »
Welcome aboard, you 2. agagagagag agagagagag  Y'all know as well as I do that winter's only cold while you're outside.

...unless you live in Suzhou, where the buildings aren't heated.  llllllllll
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #703 on: August 18, 2008, 12:39:49 PM »
Fresh meat!  afafafafaf
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #704 on: August 18, 2008, 04:43:07 PM »
Y'all know as well as I do that winter's only cold while you're outside.

cold is 90% all your state of mind.... the other ten percent being the frostbite you get when you think its all in your head ahahahahah the weather of harbin was its biggest draw for me, i'm looking forward to it :)
it matters not what road you take, but what you become on the journey