Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #510 on: February 15, 2008, 07:37:29 PM »
Don't be a s**t stirrer George! cbcbcbcbcb
By the way,welcome Wags,I'm new to the site also and I'm from Queensland!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:39:43 PM by Granny Mae »

« Reply #511 on: February 15, 2008, 08:13:18 PM »
Woohoo, QLDers everywhere! Me from Sunny Coast and been here 3 years now too jjjjjjjjjj!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #512 on: February 15, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »
Welcome, Wags.
You're fun to talk to and glad to see we can do it here too. agagagagag
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

AMonk

« Reply #513 on: February 15, 2008, 11:01:49 PM »
Hi Wags.  Nice ta meetcha!!
Moderation....in most things...

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #514 on: February 16, 2008, 01:39:02 AM »
Welcome Wags, I assume you're volunteering to keep the bar stocked with cookies and bread?

agagagagag agagagagag
I am still learning. Michelangelo

Wags

« Reply #515 on: February 16, 2008, 04:41:55 PM »
Sorry KC, I've been here too long to know not to volunteer for anything unless suitably bribed.  (and then actually doing what you agreed is optional.)  bfbfbfbfbf

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #516 on: February 18, 2008, 06:20:11 PM »

You didn't tell us if you were a banana bender, sand-groper, teritorian or came from one of the wussy states.

Welcome anyway - good to have someone else who can talk proper, and knows that the 1st floor of a building is the one ABOVE the ground floor.

« Reply #517 on: February 19, 2008, 11:22:49 PM »

You didn't tell us if you were a banana bender, sand-groper, teritorian or came from one of the wussy states.

Ummm...what?

Welcome wags. Feel free to deposit your sanity with the barkeep, you won't be needing it anymore. agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #518 on: February 25, 2008, 07:10:06 PM »
Hi Guys,

This is my first foray into this forum. I received my TESOL certificate way back in July 2007 and registered with the Saloon in October. Thou I haven't posted, I have read most of the messages posted. I did accept an offer from Meihe Royal English School in Tonghua, Jilin Province. I'll be flying out of Toronto Canada Tuesday morning (Feb 26), arriving sometime next week (or so it seems), OK - Thursday afternoon in Tonghua.

If anyone has some info on the school itself, I would treasure it. I have done a lot of traveling in the past, but what I would really appreciate would be what is unique to North East China. I am  accustomed to the cold, large crowds (Toronto) bad transit, and not knowing if I will be paid next month.

I am so damn excited, most of my friend are all but shocked. Its not like its out of character, its WHY CHINA?  I replied, WHY NOT!

Day Dreamer
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #519 on: February 25, 2008, 07:15:16 PM »
Welcome Dreamer, Why not is a great answer!  I know nothing about the school, but I'm happy to start you off on the drinking (on Bugs tab!).  have a nice cold and and settle in for the ride of your life. ahahahahah aoaoaoaoao

« Reply #520 on: February 25, 2008, 08:56:52 PM »
Welcome Day Dreamer agagagagag That is exactly the gung-ho spirit one needs to stay in and enjoy China. A good tip, if you are a coffee drinker, bring coffee...lots of coffee.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #521 on: February 25, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »
Welcome aboard Dreamer...why not indeed! There is coffee in China. I'm brewing up a pot right now. Bring books!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #522 on: February 25, 2008, 10:57:21 PM »
My tab??? I.... um..... well.... Ok. It has been quite a while since it was my round, and seeing as it's a tab i guess it's ok 'cause i don't plan on paying it any time soon hehehe
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

« Reply #523 on: February 26, 2008, 01:13:20 AM »
Hello everyone,

Im James from well... the uk but Im french and australian as well. long story...
Ive been on this forum for a few months but didnt know about this introductions thread.

Im in Beijing living with 12 Chinese people. I teach English and French. I teach exclusively 1 on 1s to kids, teens and adults. Im currently on a gap year. Going to uni in the UK in September 2008.

« Reply #524 on: February 26, 2008, 02:13:05 AM »
Welcome, James the Brit.  agagagagag agagagagag