Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #360 on: September 25, 2007, 02:24:01 PM »
hey guys.

milkshakes for me please too.  oreo shake?

raging mob is the band i created 2 years ago in beijing.

thanks for the support decurso. if you liked it we have some shows coming very soon.
sept 30th at mao livehouse in gulou and oct 4th in haidian park. you can get info from our site.

im happy to be back newbs. its been a long time.

cheekygal, thanks for the info about your agent. i havent called her yet but have plans to do so very soon. just working my tail off. 

glad to know you all.

- mobster

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #361 on: September 25, 2007, 08:16:32 PM »
 I'll probably be at the Haidian Park show. Open air shows are the only shows I can go to with the little one. And Haidian Park is not far from home  at all. See you there!

« Reply #362 on: September 28, 2007, 02:01:56 AM »
Tian na!!! You leave for two weeks and come back to a gazillion posts and lots of new members. Well, a belated welcome to all the news lads and lasses agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

BrandeX

« Reply #363 on: October 08, 2007, 02:07:37 PM »
Hi everyone.  My name is Aaron.  I have been reading the boards for a while off and on, including the old one, and since I am now in China I figured I may as well post some also.  Let's see, I am 30 years old male.  I have been in Tianhe district of Guangzhou for 4 days so far, currently staying with someone I met months back on the internet.  For some seemingly crazy reason (lol) I am checking into getting a job here now (just here as a tourist atm), and staying long term.  It's been quite an adjustment considering that not only do I know hardly any mandarin or cantonese, and can't read, all the other differences, etc.  I also am from a rural area in northern Minnesota, USA.  The population of the largest local town was 6000 residents, so "big city" life has also been interesting, especially the chinese version of motor havoc public transportation. aoaoaoaoao

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #364 on: October 08, 2007, 05:39:46 PM »
Welcome BrandeX.  Better read all the stuff about visas while you are thinking about a job.  Make certain the place you choose can convert you tourist visa into a legit one.

Have a beer on .... Raoul - he's a bit incommunicado at the moment so won't notice we are running up his tab. agagagagag

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #365 on: October 08, 2007, 05:54:29 PM »
Welcome aboard/abroad...northern Minnesota eh, guess cold weather won't be a problem for you while here.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 10:47:56 PM by kcanuck »
I am still learning. Michelangelo

AMonk

« Reply #366 on: October 08, 2007, 10:25:55 PM »
Welcome, BrandeX.  Nice to see you.  Hope all goes well with your job hunt. agagagagag  Have another, my treat.
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #367 on: October 09, 2007, 02:10:52 AM »
Have a beer on .... Raoul - he's a bit incommunicado at the moment so won't notice we are running up his tab. agagagagag
aqaqaqaqaq uuuuuuuuuu YO, BARKEEP!!!

Welcome aboard, Brandex. agagagagag  I take it you have some buddies there where you're staying?  That'll come in  very handy; in fact, make sure you ask around about all the schools who are hiring.  Good ones and bad'uns out there...
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

BrandeX

« Reply #368 on: October 09, 2007, 10:54:16 PM »
Thank everyone, its a crazy place around here  ahahahahah, but I seem to be getting around ok (thanks to my chinese gf and a nearby kfc when she is at work haha). Now if only I tried harder to learn some chinese before I left...  bibibibibi

krysmer13

• Create your own paradise wherever you are
« Reply #369 on: October 10, 2007, 04:35:28 PM »
My apologizes, I should have introduced myself earlier. I am the girlfriend of the barfly tstuts4679. Currently located near South Bend, In.( I just LOVE when N.D. gets beat afafafafaf) Plan is to arrive in China next summer ( thought I'm ready to be there yestarday!) Here in Oz, I currently work with the profoundly handicapped.
I am pleased to be part of the saloon and pleased to be makin' ya'lls aquantence.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #370 on: October 10, 2007, 04:41:48 PM »
Welcome krysmer!  Have a drink on phets - she's an Aussie but living it up in London and Paris at the moment - so she won't notice the little, itty bitty addition to her credit card!

George

• My view of China
« Reply #371 on: October 10, 2007, 07:11:17 PM »
Currently located near South Bend, In. ......  Here in Oz, I currently work with the profoundly handicapped.
OK, you got me confused! Located in Sth Bend, but working in OZ. That's a helluva commute!!
Welcome aboard, krysmer, sounds like you'll fit well here! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #372 on: October 10, 2007, 07:52:50 PM »
Correct conjugation of the plural second person?  You're alright by me! agagagagag
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #373 on: October 11, 2007, 11:03:01 AM »
Welcome alla youse new guys. It's nice to see ya up and posting! agagagagag
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Newbs

« Reply #374 on: October 12, 2007, 12:52:56 AM »
To BrandeX, krysmer13 and anyone else who I haven't yet said g'day to, welcome, come on in, enjoy the view and the pijiu. agagagagag