Introductions

• 1851 replies

Shroomy

Re: Introductions
« Reply #315 on: September 11, 2007, 07:38:46 PM »
So, introductions.  I'm mushroomy, both in name and description.  I like this group so far, so I'll tell you the GOOD stuff . . . If only there was some.  bebebebebe

I am a semi-retired, middle-aged woman living for the time being in California, with my clingy cat.  I have taught ESL in Wyoming (any Wyomingites out there?) and I think I'm ready to teach in China as soon as I find a job in the right climate.  I hate heat, so I think the north is for me.  I have lived in Africa and Russia and traveled a lot, so I think this won't be a big shock.

Any single middle-agers who want to tell me what it's like over there please drop me a line.  Or anyone else for that matter. bfbfbfbfbf

A round for the house agagagagag and one of Raoul's Diet Pepsi's for me.  Is there Diet Coke instead? mmmmmmmmmm

Back home and still confused about what the locals are saying.

« Reply #316 on: September 11, 2007, 07:45:25 PM »
welcome, mushroomy! once you are up in the Ladies Lounge, we will treat you our special cocktails! Have a diet coke on me - I'll join you with a Ginger Ale  agagagagag

Shroomy

« Reply #317 on: September 11, 2007, 08:02:50 PM »
Spasibo, Cheekygal.

Newbs

« Reply #318 on: September 11, 2007, 09:53:08 PM »
I met Snoop in the Shamrock, straight off the train, off 3 days without REM sleep and after about 5 shooters.
But wait a minute, I'm confused.  Who was straight off the train, 3 days without REM sleep and had just had 5 shooters?  Was it Con or was it Snoops?  Maybe each thought the other was straight off the train, yabbadah, yabbadah, you get the idea.

And mushroomy, welcome.   agagagagag 

George

• My view of China
« Reply #319 on: September 11, 2007, 10:28:01 PM »
Welcome aboard, Mushroomy. Just remember not to sit on the Toad's Stool!! agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

AMonk

« Reply #320 on: September 11, 2007, 11:59:19 PM »
to the trash heap

OR

to the junk yard
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2007, 02:51:20 AM »
mushroomy speaketh KGB language? WOOHOO! That makes the three of us!  agagagagag

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2007, 04:09:52 AM »
Snoops, you'll be fine! Stay away from Con. Belgians is nasty.

Shroomidge.  Cali girl from Wyoming. Cool. Come on over. It's good for all ages.

Lose the cat.

« Reply #323 on: September 12, 2007, 04:11:46 AM »
Ummm. Times change - we used to warn noobies to stay away from George...

« Reply #324 on: September 12, 2007, 04:59:32 AM »
Hi, I'm new here.

Well, I'm not.  Some of you might know me under my alter-egos, Chinamoviemagic, Urbanex, Rhondaplace and Jen2003.

Only kidding.  I kinda forgot about this place, what with not doing the teaching thing anymore, and having a lot of other stuff to do during my online time.  It's good to see that the Saloon is back in full-swing, and all the familiar faces are still here  dddddddddd

Shroomy

« Reply #325 on: September 12, 2007, 06:01:33 AM »
Stil, the cat is offended. kkkkkkkkkk  But then she doesn't know I'll be sneaking out the back door at midnight and leaving her behind with the renters.

Cheekygal, I not only speak KGB language, I lived across the street from them for two years.  Actually that was almost 15 years ago and what little Russian I remember is thoroughly mixed with the French that came after it. I can't wait to learn Chinese and speak 4 languages in one sentence.

« Reply #326 on: September 12, 2007, 06:08:01 AM »
WELCOME TO MY WORLD, MUSHY!  afafafafaf cheexyblonde

Shroomy

« Reply #327 on: September 12, 2007, 08:57:21 AM »
I much prefer Shroomy to Mushy, thanks.  And Raoul provided my own little Shroom icon, too!!   iiiiiiiiii

Isn't it the middle of the night for you?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:58:55 AM by mushroomy »

George

• My view of China
« Reply #328 on: September 12, 2007, 09:58:56 AM »
Welcome back Ilunga!!! agagagagag agagagagag
Where you been and whatchya doin' now??
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #329 on: September 13, 2007, 06:54:46 AM »
Hi, I'm new here.

Well, I'm not.  Some of you might know me under my alter-egos, Chinamoviemagic, Urbanex, Rhondaplace and Jen2003.

Only kidding.  I kinda forgot about this place, what with not doing the teaching thing anymore, and having a lot of other stuff to do during my online time.  It's good to see that the Saloon is back in full-swing, and all the familiar faces are still here  dddddddddd

AAArrrrghhh. Nearly went ballistic, then checked your name. CMM needs serious deleting. HI Ilunga, good to see you again> i have also been away after a leave of absinthe.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:56:30 AM by Mr Nobody »
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.