Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #300 on: August 16, 2007, 03:49:54 AM »
No Money in China = Do what you have to to live = Crime

Teachers = No Money ergo Criminals

So, are we the GOOD crims?

(There's no "tongue in cheek" icon - nor is there any requirement for comments relating to Australian heritage and crimanlity. My progenitors are German.)
You have to care for it to matter.
http://www.haerbinger.com - All About Harbin

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #301 on: August 16, 2007, 06:03:00 AM »
No - if we were good crims we wouldn't have been caught.  bibibibibi

The best you can say of us - convicts or anyone else but the soldiers/guards SENT to Oz - is that we are people who eschew the accepted and boring.  We are creative and think differntly, we are prepared to risk all for a dream.

What a wonderful people.

« Reply #302 on: August 16, 2007, 08:48:02 AM »
And you are all also werekangaroos...admit it...come on...you know you want to..
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #303 on: August 16, 2007, 06:07:57 PM »
Hi all! I just found this post and figured it's high time I introduce myself in the right post. I'm a 23 year-old Australian-Chinese guy, and am moving to Chengdu in six days (!), and am very excited about all the challenges and opportunities it will entail.

I was born and raised in Bunbury, a little town in the southwest of Australia, but moved to Maryland in the United States when I was 16 (that's 2000, for those counting). I studied international development and philosophy at the University of Maryland, College Park, and have spent the last two years working for an international development/humanitarian relief NGO outside Washington. My favorite things include cricket, good food, music, and I am looking to freelance (writing, editing) after I settle in. Feel free to get in touch with me if you need a copywriter.

I'm sure hoping some of y'all are in Chengdu, because I know hardly anybody, and will be looking for all the help I can get upon arrival! My mandarin's barely reached survival level, though I've been practising a bit with the family before I leave.

Cheers,
Mark

Newbs

« Reply #304 on: August 16, 2007, 09:33:42 PM »
Welcome darrick and itslateagain.  What all the rest said.   agagagagag

« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2007, 12:11:01 AM »
Welcome! Have a drink on me!  agagagagag

AMonk

« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2007, 12:17:06 AM »
WELCOME ABOARD, All you guys!!

Next round of drinks is on LE.....Toasties will be my treat!  Name your favourite(s)....
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #307 on: August 21, 2007, 09:20:34 PM »
Welcome aboard guys!!!!

This round is on me (seeing as i haven't been around much lately - guess it's my turn)

agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #308 on: August 26, 2007, 07:51:53 AM »
Hey, I used to work in Suzhou with Raoul and a few other people....  thatt's pretty much it.

« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2007, 07:57:37 AM »
Well, that's good enough. Here, lots of  agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag WELCOME agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #310 on: September 03, 2007, 05:39:08 AM »
I won't be surprised they started Christmas sale!  bibibibibi

« Reply #311 on: September 10, 2007, 10:36:30 PM »
Hi all! I just moved to Suzhou this past weekend to start teaching at Suzhou Experimental Primary. I just graduated with an engineering degree (oops). I have already met some of you all, including Raoul. So yeah, if you are in Suzhou, maybe I will see you around.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

« Reply #312 on: September 10, 2007, 10:39:14 PM »
Here's one on me Snoop  agagagagag

(next one is on Georges tab - and it's open so drink up on that one  bfbfbfbfbf)
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #313 on: September 11, 2007, 02:49:13 PM »
I met Snoop in the Shamrock, straight off the train, off 3 days without REM sleep and after about 5 shooters.

...though I barely remember.  But he gives off a good vibe, and was smart enough to, it being his first night in China, make a beeline for the laowai bar. agagagagag
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #314 on: September 11, 2007, 05:12:56 PM »
Con, you let me in on all your grand plans in this town  agagagagag
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin