Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1350 on: May 05, 2011, 04:45:54 AM »
Welcome aboard, Flip, Kyrie! agagagagag  Nice to have more folks in this neck of the woods.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #1351 on: June 09, 2011, 07:08:24 PM »
Ni Hao all

I'm porcus wallabee.  I tried including a google reslut page of my name but I'm not enough of a wizard. 

My arrival to this community has already been shrouded in triumph (the contested 700th member) http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=6455.0 ), foreboding DOOM (I'm working at the same institution that Raoul himself despises)http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=2117.0 and contempt (I'm an English teacher AND I DIDN'T EVEN USE AN OXFORD COMMA!)

I've recently started a paleo in China blog:http://blog.sina.com.cn/chinaminusrice

...and I have a youku page for my silly music projects: http://u.youku.com/user_show/id_UMzQwODY3NDAw.html

Cheers!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:27:51 PM by porcuswallabee »
"The soldiers carry our hatred for us, and they do our killing for us. So do the police. We carry morality for them."

« Reply #1352 on: June 09, 2011, 07:42:17 PM »
I love resluts!  ahahahahah

Welcome porcus wallabee! :)  agagagagag
I'll tell you all my secrets but I'll lie about my past. (Tom Waits)

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #1353 on: June 09, 2011, 08:20:50 PM »
I love resluts too... I think... what are they afafafafaf uuuuuuuuuu

welcome aboard Porcus
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #1354 on: June 09, 2011, 09:23:26 PM »

« Reply #1355 on: June 10, 2011, 10:42:35 AM »
Welcome Porcuswallabee. agagagagag What is your Country of origin and is there anything else you would like to tell uuuuuuuuuu When I first looked at your name, I thought you may have been an Aussie with the combination of Porcupine and Wallaby, (Australian native animals) I now suspect I'm wrong. Nice to meet you! agagagagag

« Reply #1356 on: June 10, 2011, 11:58:02 AM »
@ Granny Mae

Oh yea, I'm Canadian.  Straight from the capital!

...I don't like centaurs!
"The soldiers carry our hatred for us, and they do our killing for us. So do the police. We carry morality for them."

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1357 on: June 10, 2011, 08:09:42 PM »
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=reslut  bfbfbfbfbf

Damn.  I never stopped being one, so I can't qualify for the "re" prefix. bibibibibi

Porcus, your blog is cool.  Loved the Sun Tzu quote.  Of course, you failed to mention that the final, unbreakable, craziest nut of all would be named "Escaped Lunatic" ahahahahah

P.S.  Watch out for Granny Mae.  She bites.  (unless you like that sort of thing cbcbcbcbcb)

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1358 on: June 11, 2011, 02:21:12 AM »
Ease up EL.... (If you tell him all the traps, there won't be anything to laugh at later when he puts his foot in it  qqqqqqqqqq - so to speak  uuuuuuuuuu)

Welcome aboard Porcus. Everyone here is friendly, doesn't bite, will not sell your organs on the black market to buy the latest fan-dangled technology as soon as it hits the stores or laugh at you at inappropriate times. hmmhmm On second thoughts, lets just stick with WELCOME! axaxaxaxax
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Siddy

« Reply #1359 on: June 15, 2011, 02:21:13 AM »
Hi guys,
Just introducing my self as this is my first post.
Aussie guy, coming to China this August.

I haven't settled on a job yet, tossing up between a few positions. Researching climate, pollution etc...

BTW, is there a popular 2nd hand web site in China? like ebay/craigslist?
OR what is the Chinese word for the kind of market where I can buy a motorbike?

« Reply #1360 on: June 15, 2011, 02:26:28 AM »
Hey Siddy! Welcome to the nuthouse Saloon!  bfbfbfbfbf

Sorry I can't help with your question, but I'm certain there's some ol' barflies in the back corner (I promise you, they're not dead  amamamamam - they just smell that way aaaaaaaaaa) who can help you out!

First one's on me.  agagagagag
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #1361 on: June 15, 2011, 10:44:13 AM »
G'day and welcome Siddy. agagagagag  I'm an Aussie living in Brisbane. Which is your home State?  We have guys here who ride bikes, so you should get some help shortly. Look forward to hearing about your experiences in China, as health problems have stopped the plans I had. All the best. bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #1362 on: June 15, 2011, 11:21:26 AM »
Ni Hao Weiguo rens!

Haha The names Todd and I've been looking into a bunch of different teaching jobs in China starting in September. I studied abroad for 3 months in Shanghai back in 2008 and loved the big city life. Guess I'm weird like that but I'm trying to stick to teaching in big cities. Got an offer from Nanjing University of Information Technology and a few others in the city so I intend on landing in late August and staying til late June!

Looking forward to meeting some fellow China expats!
Todd D
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -Albert Einstein

« Reply #1363 on: June 15, 2011, 02:57:50 PM »
well met, new saloonies. There is indeed a spiffy website in China for buying stuff. It is called taobao.com. very nifty, but you will probably need the assitance of one of the locals to navigate it.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #1364 on: June 15, 2011, 03:39:37 PM »
Ni hao Todd  agagagagag