Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1305 on: April 09, 2011, 06:39:06 PM »
Normally I avoid introduction threads 'cos I don't have much to say about myself, so I end up making a load of stuff up to sound interesting. But I won't do that here, since I respect you all too much to lie.

Anway, hi. I'm the_otter or just otter. Before I came to China, I was training to be an astronaut with NASA. Then the daily grind and predictability of my life got me down, and I left it all behind to teach Chinese students how to write English without putting commas in all the wrong places. (30% success rate so far. ababababab)  My hobbies include wrestling medium-sized bears and smuggling Bactrian Camels to the Isle of Man. Apart from that, my life is quite dull. Thanks for letting me into the saloon!

« Reply #1306 on: April 09, 2011, 07:23:12 PM »
Welcome Otter. agagagagag agagagagag Say, you can spill the beans, those clever chaps of NASA actually have an alien or 10 working in the basement...Bill Gates is from Pluto, right? That's why it was suddenly not a planet anymore...the old nothing-to-see-here-move-along-folks routine, right?? This place is awesome, they have absinthe with extra wormwood, a regular nude dance, almost regular anyway...Here, have a snifter of half and half (half absinthe, half pure 100% homemade Saloon Moonshine) and tell me more of these camels agagagagag agagagagag I myself have speculated about epxorting pot-bellied Guinea Pigs to the Isle of Dogs agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #1307 on: April 09, 2011, 11:24:55 PM »
Welcome Otter. agagagagag agagagagag Say, you can spill the beans, those clever chaps of NASA actually have an alien or 10 working in the basement...Bill Gates is from Pluto, right? That's why it was suddenly not a planet anymore...the old nothing-to-see-here-move-along-folks routine, right?? This place is awesome, they have absinthe with extra wormwood, a regular nude dance, almost regular anyway...Here, have a snifter of half and half (half absinthe, half pure 100% homemade Saloon Moonshine) and tell me more of these camels agagagagag agagagagag I myself have speculated about epxorting pot-bellied Guinea Pigs to the Isle of Dogs agagagagag agagagagag

mmmmmmmmmm I'm not stoopid - you're playing the "get otter drunk and ask about aliens" game, aren't you? Well, you won't fool me this time! And he's from the asteroid belt, anyway.

Be careful if you're thinking about moving into the Cavy trade. It's a cutthroat business: I knew a guy in the 'Burbs of the Isle of Wight who was chopped up and fed to his own Silkie Satin bronze medalist in the All Newport Guinea Pig Beauty Contest 2005. Take my advice and stick to chinchillas - they may not be as flash or intelligent as your average GP, but they mostly sleep, so you can pass them off as novelty whoopee cushions at customs.  They also taste good fried in batter with cranberry sauce.
 agagagagag

Thanks for the absinthe cocktail.  :alcoholic:  :snoopytrage:

xwarrior

« Reply #1308 on: April 10, 2011, 05:18:26 AM »
I myself have speculated about epxorting pot-bellied Guinea Pigs to the Isle of Dogs 

I thought you said Guinea Fowl to the Bay of Pigs  bibibibibi

Welcome Otter - it's downhill all the way from here  agagagagag
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #1309 on: April 10, 2011, 05:44:45 AM »
I myself have speculated about epxorting pot-bellied Guinea Pigs to the Isle of Dogs 

I thought you said Guinea Fowl to the Bay of Pigs  bibibibibi

Welcome Otter - it's downhill all the way from here  agagagagag

Hope there's at least some nice scenery on the way! agagagagag

« Reply #1310 on: April 10, 2011, 10:49:03 AM »

Welcome Otter. There is some REALLY nice scenery on the way if the Saloon lives up to its usual standards. uuuuuuuuuu  Just become a regular poster and you will find out how much fun we have. bfbfbfbfbf  EL, put those handcuffs and that leather gear away.... it's too early yet! bibibibibi Anyway, welcome again from one of the Aussies in the place.  agagagagag agagagagag :alcoholic:

« Reply #1311 on: April 10, 2011, 02:00:45 PM »
Hi All!

I'm Cassandra... or Cassnadra. The typo happens enough that my friends started calling me that.  I taught in China in 2006 - 2007 at a language school in Liaoning. On my first day I was met with a large poster reading 'Come meet Cassanddra... She's here from Australala to teach you Engish' (and of course one of the awful photos of myself I'd sent).

So naturally I did my very best to teach Engish.

I'm finishing a Bachelor of Adult Education (Majoring in Language, Literacy and Numeracy) right now and I hope to be back in China by the end of the year.  Older, wiser, more qualified and able to order beer in Mandarin.

Cass
I'll tell you all my secrets but I'll lie about my past. (Tom Waits)

« Reply #1312 on: April 11, 2011, 05:41:24 AM »
Welcome aboard!   agagagagag  And may I say that avatar is simply awesome.  bjbjbjbjbj
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #1313 on: April 11, 2011, 10:34:44 AM »
G'day and welcome Cassnadra. agagagagag I can see from your avatar that we are all going to have a lot of fun. uuuuuuuuuu

« Reply #1314 on: April 11, 2011, 03:48:28 PM »
Thanks!

I did have it animated somewhere but I must have lost it in a hard-drive crash at some stage! :)

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1315 on: April 11, 2011, 05:13:07 PM »

Welcome Otter. There is some REALLY nice scenery on the way if the Saloon lives up to its usual standards. uuuuuuuuuu  Just become a regular poster and you will find out how much fun we have. bfbfbfbfbf  EL, put those handcuffs and that leather gear away.... it's too early yet! bibibibibi Anyway, welcome again from one of the Aussies in the place.  agagagagag agagagagag :alcoholic:

It's never too early for handcuffs and leather gear. cbcbcbcbcb

Thanks!

I did have it animated somewhere but I must have lost it in a hard-drive crash at some stage! :)

Does the avatar mean that you get wound up sometimes?  ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1316 on: April 11, 2011, 05:30:13 PM »
Oh dear...

It's not even lunchtime here and the BDSM talk has started  ahahahahah

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1317 on: April 11, 2011, 08:23:57 PM »
Oh dear...

It's not even lunchtime here and the BDSM talk has started  ahahahahah

Sticks and stones may break my bones,
But whips and chains excite me. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1318 on: April 12, 2011, 05:13:35 AM »

Cheers!  agagagagag Damn, now if only I hadn't left my manacles back in Pommyland. Hand luggage restrictions being what they are, it was them or the iron maiden.

« Reply #1319 on: April 12, 2011, 10:50:31 AM »

Cheers!  agagagagag Damn, now if only I hadn't left my manacles back in Pommyland. Hand luggage restrictions being what they are, it was them or the iron maiden.

Don't worry mate, EL should be able to help you get some more. bfbfbfbfbf That's after he finishes winding up Cassnadra. afafafafaf