Introductions

• 1851 replies

George

• My view of China
Re: Introductions
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 11:58:18 PM »
Hey, ND, both sides of 40 are fun sides!!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2007, 12:05:12 AM »
there <------------------- my lizard wit da funny eye has been brought back from the deep dark folds of that thing called a net  bfbfbfbfbf

& I'm happy to think/ know /hope that there might have been a few people reading this thread that are able to keep their minds a metre or so above the gutters & possible their past contacts wit da lizard wit day funny eye were remembered....
thus the few comments on him & my lack of reply   cccccccccc
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2007, 08:38:25 AM »
 I'm a 34 year old(for another 6 weeks or so anyway) Canadian..though my nationality has no bearing on my sense of personal identity.

I came to China when I discovered that my my quaint middle class existence had become a trap..and a very boring one at that.I hade originally planned on staying for a year and moving one to another country(Czech Republic,Vietnam,Japan,Thailand and Chile were all under consideration) but it's been almost two years and I feel no inclination to leave.One of these days...

Oh yeah...I am here with my common law wife and my my 4 month old son...who was born right here in China.AND I just got here so it may be awhile before I get around to editing my profile ect.

Ruth

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2007, 10:26:43 PM »
Hi, I'm Ruth. Canadian by birth, USAnian by way of moving there and taking out citizenship. George is absolutely right - there are two fun sides to that dreaded 40. Personally, I'm having a blast on this side of it.  Not so many people to be responsible for as when I was a mom of wee-ones.

About 4 years ago my hubby and I became empty nesters, and the dog died, and our jobs were boring.  "What do you think about moving to China?" he says to me.  Long story short (which is really difficult for me) - here we are.  No plans to leave.  We spent three fabulous years teaching at a senior middle school in Liaoning.  When the school could no longer renew our contract, we headed for the deep south (Dongguan) in December.  Now that the weather is warming up, I'm beginning to ask myself why...
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

gonzo

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 10:03:57 AM »
It's me, gonzo, one of the originals. I've requested that Raoul not afford me any elevated status, so no need to call me Sir!
I left China mid 04, so probably won't contribute much to your day to day conversations. However, I'm still an ESL teacher with heaps of Chinese students, and can certainly talk about what we have in common there.
RIP Phil Stephens.
No static at all.

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 11:46:38 PM »
Oh... I do remember him now DaDan...  aoaoaoaoao
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

phets72

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 09:01:03 AM »
Mmmmmmm, you've got to like that new bar smell. Unfortunately the old guy in the corner smells..... Oh, Hi George!

bkbkbkbkbk

Hi I'm Steph.  35, single. Currently in Melbourne Australia after returning in January after spending a year teaching in the far North.
Am currently on my last year of study (fashion illustration and spanish) before heading to South America late January.

I like picking on George. bfbfbfbfbf
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:03:48 AM by phets72 »

BKBinITO

• Takes me awhile, but I get there...
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 10:17:59 AM »
Oh, the fear...Am I doing this right? New kid on the block in the Saloon, entering my second or third childhood. An expat, who is now an ex-expat, looking to revert to expat soon. Chasing jobs in China

American, female, challenge anyone out there to be older than I am, living in the land of Aloha. 
You cannot leave foot prints in the Sands of Time by sitting on your butt, and who wants to leave leave butt prints in the Sands of Time?

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2007, 12:21:42 PM »
Aloha BK, don't mind the mess, we just moved in.  Once we get the ladies lounge finished you'll be able to see how we really party.  Make yourself at home, we're all one big dysfunctional family and there's always room for one more. agagagagag
I am still learning. Michelangelo

George

• My view of China
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2007, 02:06:16 PM »
G'day BK. Good to see someone is older than me. Welcome aboard. agagagagag agagagagag

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2007, 02:12:25 PM »
Con, you lost the bet  afafafafaf

Welcome, BK! Have a round on Con ate Dog!  agagagagag

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2007, 07:21:22 PM »
Hi BK,

Welcome to our humble little establishment. Don't mind smell (George! Stil! Clean up after youselves... we have a guest! bibibibibi).

Don't mind us, we're all a little insane at times.  aoaoaoaoao

Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2007, 07:47:19 PM »
Hi BK. I'm just a boy.

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2007, 07:48:06 PM »
Don't listen to him BK

George

• My view of China
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2007, 08:27:19 PM »
Hi BK. I'm just a boy.
Yeah! A very strange and tinted boy!