Best NBA player ever

• 31 replies
Re: Best NBA player ever
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 02:29:17 AM »
We can't forget about Wilt! He was by far the most dominant player in the league but loses points for only two rings and playing in a different era. 2 rings, 4 MVPs, 13 All Star selections, 7 scoring and 11 rebounding titles. Pretty impressive!

And bedded 20,000 chicks! Talk about scoring.

(me thinks his math ain't too good)

As for jpd01's list, I'd exclude
Patrick Ewing
Allen Iverson
Clyde Drexler
Dennis Rodman
Shawn Kemp

They were good, but not top 20 all time especially "Why should we worry about practice Iverson"
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 06:31:04 AM »
Point Guard - Magic Johnson
Shooting Guard - Michael Jordan
Small Forward - Larry Bird
Power Forward - Tim Duncan
Center - Shaquille O'Neal

Who are your starters?

zero

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 02:01:27 PM »

Who are your starters?

Power Forward - Karl Malone
Center - Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Pete Maravich ranks up there, too.

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 08:41:45 PM »

Who are your starters?

Point Guard - Oscar Robertson *he played the 1 and the 2.
Power Forward - Charles Barkley
Center - Wilt Chamberlain

old34

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 04:39:28 AM »
Best basketball player ever? Why Premier Wen of course.

Check out his crossover dribble
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

zero

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 05:08:35 AM »
So I guess Lebron James isn't the best ever, after all.

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 03:35:52 AM »
I havent read this thread, but surely this should be amalgamated (spelling???) with the 'whats the most Chinese thing you've done?' thread. Surely having any interest in, or talking about basketball must be a Chinese thing?

(Yes....I am from the UK)

Paul

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 04:14:56 AM »
Don't be too harsh.  We Brits also have a NetBall Association, but it's only for girls.

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 04:22:01 AM »
I have to admit, Im not a fan of basketball. There arent many sports I wont/dont watch, but basketball is one of them.

jpd01

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 05:43:13 AM »
I havent read this thread, but surely this should be amalgamated (spelling???) with the 'whats the most Chinese thing you've done?' thread. Surely having any interest in, or talking about basketball must be a Chinese thing?

(Yes....I am from the UK)

Well I know cricket and football are just as exciting as hell, but when I'm done watching some grass grow and not in the mood for a display of homoerotic ruby I love to watch a game of NBA or two.
Basketball hasn't been very popular in Australia since the 90's (my hometown team the Brisbane Bullets went bankrupt hahaha) but I still love it and used to play competitively when I was a teenager. Then I noticed those things in skirts and heavy metal music and all the motivation for training went out the window  ahahahahah ahahahahah
"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of." Charlie Sheen.

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 08:13:36 AM »
I love how Brits always complain about Americans cannot appreciate soccer, when in fact there are many more Americans who enjoy soccer than Brits who enjoy watching anything other than soccer, cricket or rugby. Brits like to think they are real sportsmen, when it is really Americans who embrace any kind of sport. I have found Aussies are also much more able to appreciate multiple sports than Brits. Not sure why this is so.

Back to the topic. Lebron is a joke. Yeah he is very talented, but he is nowhere in the discussion for GOAT. He isn't even the best player on the Heat. MJ is obviously #1, but I think you can make an argument for Kobe. Someone mentioned Pistol Pete. He may be the greatest college player ever, but he doesn't even make the top 50 for pro ball. If I was going to put together the greatest team of all time, then it would not necessarily have the top players at their position, but the best TEAM.

This would be my team:

PG: Magic
SG: Jordan
SF: Bird
PF: Nowitzki
C: "The Admiral" David Robinson

I know the top 3 will need to comment, but I feel I need to explain the last 2 selections. I take Nowitzki because his shooting ability from deep combined with Bird's will open massive holes in the defense for Jordan to drive through. I take The Admiral because he is a defensive stopper that will be able to erase some of Bird and Nowitzki's slow white guy defensive shortcomings. This team would put up 140+ a game.  ababababab

CaseyOrourke

• USAF TACP
    • Yankee Texan In China
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 02:05:56 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, Labron and the vast majority of todays players are overpaid primadonnas who whine and complain they aren't being paid what they are worth when they are are "forced to play for $1.8 million/year as opposed to $2.3 million/year.

For my money, nobody was better than Wilt Chamberlin.  For you youngsters who missed seeing him play, he puts these guys to shame  He was the only player to score 100 points in a game, in 14 years in the league, never fouled out of a regular or post season game, averaging 2 fouls per game, holds 72 NBA records (63 outright). I seriously doubt that there is a player alive today or any future ones that could ever beat Wilt's legacy.

zero

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »
I've only watched him on highlight films. But yeah, Wilt was awesome. I believe that if he were playing today, he would still be the league's dominant center, and probably the dominant player overall.

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 06:20:34 PM »
Oops. Thanks!

Speaking of which, have any Chinese people started to get on the hype with Jeremy Lin? It's ridiculous in the States for the past two weeks now. Please let me know if you need to be filled in because I could go on forever but we have the internet for that! bfbfbfbfbf
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:28:46 PM by ChinaChao »

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 04:11:15 AM »
ChinaChao we have a thread dedicated to that specific topic.

http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=7249.0
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.