XJ blogs - and they are not about a famous car

• 4 replies

xwarrior

XJ blogs - and they are not about a famous car
« on: March 22, 2010, 05:03:35 PM »
This report comes from CHINA LAW BLOG:

Some interesting/informative new China blog lists out this month.

..... The first, and most specialized, is that on Far West China. The post there is entitled, "A Survey of Xinjiang Websites on the Internet" and that is exactly what it is.{Note from xwarrior - for some strange reason I could not open the link  afafafafaf but here it is anyway http://www.farwestchina.com/2010/03/survey-of-xinjiang-websites-on-internet.html}

Xinjiang gets little media coverage and not much blogging coverage either, so this list, though somewhat sparse, is quite helpful. Far West China suggests the following blogs, some of which are not terribly active:

The New Dominion
This is Xinjiang
Thoughts on the History of Xinjiang
The Opposite End of China (defunct)
Autonomous Region
Uyghur Blog
True Xinjiang (government approved)
Central Asia Traveler (static site)
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Dex

Re: XJ blogs - and they are not about a famous car
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:26:46 PM »
The Opposite End of China was a cracking site in which the American XJ resident and author often posted quite controversial blog updates. Fascinating to read, but was a matter of time until it got blocked. Think the dude now lives in BJ btw.

I have a facebook group called "Beautiful Xinjiang" which I used to be able to monitor  llllllllll
Train + China + Spring Festival = Torture

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 10:46:21 PM »
Hey xwarrior, may I ask why you're so interested in XJ(seemingly all of a sudden)? I only ask because I'm moving out there this year, and if you've been there, or know people there, maybe we could have a PM chat.
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

xwarrior

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 12:02:41 AM »
Hi. I only posted on XJ because it seemed to answer a few questions. I am stuck in Shaanxi for a while yet so have no plans to move there.

The guy to ask is Dex (where are you Dex?) who is now in Hunan. He taught in XJ for 3+ years and loves the place. He is a good guy and I know he would be happy to answer any questions.

Wish you good luck in your quest.   
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Dex

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 03:59:54 PM »
Cheers... I'm here!

Yeah, me and the Fozz had a natter on another thread about XJ.

Not much more I can add at the moment. Things are getting back to normality - albeit gradually.

bfbfbfbfbf
Train + China + Spring Festival = Torture